Bighorn has landed

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Well, actually, it's parked on its summer site at the Indian River RV Resort. Got here this afternoon. No problems towing and setting up, and the traffic was extremely light. The campground is still pretty empty, will be until closer to Memorial Day. Had our traditional "first night" pizza dinner at Vivio's Italian Restaurant in town.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
John, Is Indian River RV Resort the one just north of Cold Springs? That looks like a good place to stop for an overnighter on our way down to Goshen for the Rally. I don't have a set timetable yet because we're trying to schedule some work done on our Bighorn before the rally. As soon as I know more I'll let you know. Maybe we can meet.

JohnDar

John, Is Indian River RV Resort the one just north of Cold Springs? That looks like a good place to stop for an overnighter on our way down to Goshen for the Rally. I don't have a set timetable yet because we're trying to schedule some work done on our Bighorn before the rally. As soon as I know more I'll let you know. Maybe we can meet.

Where is Cold Springs?? This campground is on US-27, between Topinabee and Indian River. To the east is Mullett Lake and west is Burt Lake. Roughly 30 miles south of the Mackinac Bridge on I-75, exit 311 and turn north.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Where is Cold Springs?? This campground is on US-27, between Topinabee and Indian River. To the east is Mullett Lake and west is Burt Lake. Roughly 30 miles south of the Mackinac Bridge on I-75, exit 311 and turn north.
John, according to my Streets & Trips, Cold Springs is right at the Exit for US-27. It appears, at least, I've got the right campground. I'll let you know our plans when time gets closer and if your at the trailer, we can say hey. Till then, take care!

JohnDar

Ooops!

John, according to my Streets & Trips, Cold Springs is right at the Exit for US-27. It appears, at least, I've got the right campground. I'll let you know our plans when time gets closer and if your at the trailer, we can say hey. Till then, take care!

It's Exit 313, not 311. If you've found the campground on the internet, you can see they've got about 140 total sites, including tent sites. Many of them are pull through and 50A service. Regardless of back-in or pull through, Don (the owner) will guide you in and help you get leveled. We currently planning on being here May 22 - 28 and again June 9 - 22. Looking forward to hearing when you will may be through here. Our dates are fluid, so a little adjustment would be no problem. Even have a friend (former Battalion Chief) that lives up here.

jgilbert

Is this anywhere near Wolverine, MI? We spent two nights at a little Mom and Pop campground at Wolverine a couple of years ago on our way to the UP, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. Loved the area and the Mackinaw Bridge is AWESOME!!

Joe

JohnDar

Joe, the campground is about 13 miles north of Wolverine (or two exits) on I-75.

Ray, I found Cold Springs on one of the internet maps. It's not really a town or anything, more like a small cottage owners association. But it's almost across the highway from the entrance to the campground.

Our plans to return north are kind of on hold until we get some water leak damage to the living room ceiling fixed. Leak happened two days before we left and the repair company (insurance claim) will be back tomorrow to have another look. Wanted to let it dry out before deciding how extensive the repair might be.

And we did see another Bighorn, heading north over our heads on I-75 on Friday. We were coming up to the bridge on our pontoon, down on the river.