Bighorn - Help finding light switch (Found It)

lakeside

Greetings all,

I just took delivery today of a Bighorn #3685RL. I have a question. I am hooked up to shore power, 110 AC, and there is a yellow marker light that remains on over the top of the entry steps at about feet level. I have looked everywhere for a switch, but cannot find one. Any ideas how I can turn off this yellow marker light?

Thanks.

Lakeside

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: ATF: Bighorn - Help finding light switch

There may be a switch low near the entry door or if you have a remote, look there.

Peace
Dave

jimtoo

Hi Lakeside,,,,, Now,,, I think (probably should not do it, gets me in trouble) :) ,,, it is controlled by your remote control fob. I do not have a newer unit, but pretty sure on the newer models that have the remotes it is controlled but that. Or a switch low down by the door entry.

Jim M

AGUHHHH beat again.... to post...:)

lakeside

Dave, Thank you very much. The light turned off with the remote. Is there any way to turn it off manually, with a switch for future reference? Lakeside

lakeside

Hey.......all you guys are great. I thought I was all alone and wandering in the dark, but low and behold, a bunch of folks with the right answers. I certainly did make the right choice when I bought a Heartland product. Thanks again, everyone. I am sure I will be back with more silly questions. Lakeside

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

I believe that the remote is your only option.
That or remove the bulb.

Peace
Dave

tmoore2

When I went for the PDI on our Bighorn the tech looked for a switch to turn it off. He was troubleshooting it when he remembered the only way to turn it on and off was with the remote.

donr827

This light should really be wired through the switch that controls the light above the door in my opinion.