Bighorn Hydraulic Jacks

rgwilliams69

I have also experienced no movement over extended periods of time on the very front heavy Cyclone. I do not think losing height at all, especially on one side or the other, is normal.

TheRameys

Ok the bighorn is set up in my driveway. I put 2 X 6s under the od tires and it's little high on that side and it's been set up since last Friday and so far all is well. I also checked the back and it's pretty much the same there. I will have to accept the fact that I probably didn't know what I was doing. I appreciate all the input from all of you. Now that that is taken care of does anyone know how to get more water pressure in the shower.

rgwilliams69

Leveling these rigs is somewhat of an art (unless you but the six point system - might have to invest in one of those some day). I know that if I'm just a half a bubble off either side to side or front to back I can feel it, especially when lying in bed. Once you have worked out a system and approach of getting it level though it just becomes second nature to know what to put where in order to level it up. You'll get there!

On the shower not so sure - I don't have any pressure problems on ours. Some residential models have a flow restriction plate you can remove, but I do not know if the nozzles on the RV ones do or not - haven't looked. I doubt it though.

Garypowell

There are lots of obvious things like get a bigger hose and look for anything you have put in the line that could be a restriction.

Then you move onto the shower head. Remove it from the supply line and you will find a flow limiting thingy usually made out of nylon. Might have to work to get it out but this will help a lot. Don't lose the washers.

I also removed the shower head supply line from the shut off and made the supply hole larger. BUT BE REALLY CAREFUL AS YOU CAN DAMAGE THE FAUCET AND THEN YOUR IN BIG TROUBLE.

The last thing you can do is move around a lot. Relative motion works wonders.

Then realize it is never going to be what you want......but you can live with it.

danemayer

does anyone know how to get more water pressure in the shower.
First thing to do is read about the difference between water pressure and water flow. There's good explanation here.
You may need to get a water pressure regulator that allows more water flow. A lot of us have the Watts 263A regulator.

Also, if your rig doesn't already have an Oxygenics Showerhead, consider getting one. It does a better job with less water flow.

TheRameys

Thank you very much, you gave me a lot of good information. So far the coach is staying level, haven't checked it today. I know we are not going to get the same shower in RV as we do in the house but, I want to get it to a level we can live with. The RV has to go back to the shop for the third time. Some of the things that was supposed to be fixed the last time wasn't. Thanks again. Russ