Bighorn MSRP Price Sheet

Westwind

I printed out the MSRP sheet and noticed that it had a credit showing of $5500 which was the total of the King of the Mountain package and a
Debit of $1737 which was the total of the "forced options".
I'm assuming that I understand this (First Mistake) and that when I'm figuring out the total MSRP price of a Bighorn that I may order, or if I
find one on a lot and understand the extras, that I should be able to get to the MSRP cost.

Formula would be: Model Price + Options + Forced Options + K of M Package cost = Total Trailer Cost - K of M Credit + trailer shipping cost = MSRP:confused:

Thats assuming that the K of M Credit still exists. I love the all over the place MSRP prices that dealers publish on the web. ( Its Nuts ):confused:

I realize shipping costs can be a variance but I've seen the same model/Equipment/extras with MSRP prices that range from $52k to $71k ????

branson4020

Icantre Member
Well, you've got a blizzard of numbers there alright. But, really, does MSRP matter? As you said, dealers make stuff up anyway. All that counts is whether or not the dealer will except your offer.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Well, you've got a blizzard of numbers there alright. But, really, does MSRP matter? As you said, dealers make stuff up anyway. All that counts is whether or not the dealer will accept your offer.
This is true, but having a manufacturer published MSRP sheet sort of gives you a heads up as to weather or not you're getting a fair deal. Our dealer was a pretty straight shooter. He gave us a copy of the msrp sheet so we could check all the options we wanted or needed. This really help us decide if the price was worth the need. This was back in 06.

Westwind, your formula looks correct. happy hunting.

Westwind

Painful oh so Painful - working with a dealer who really is responsive, got to give him credit. Especially when I compare him to some of the others. Hopefully
I can get him down to the price the CFO/CEO feels is a good one.:eek: I think they had a show with the name (Mission Impossible):D

Westwind

Did it!!!! We ended up with a deal, thought the dealer was responsive and fair, and I just liked the way he did it, sincerely and honestly. Once I came up to
a price that we were both comfortable with he said yes. Hopefully we will have our new Bighorn 3070 by the end of the month.

jandm

Congrats...We took delivery of our 2012 3685RL two weeks ago,rig is wonderful..PLEASE DO NOT use ExploreUSA RV in San Antonio,Texas.This is our tenth RV & the seventh from a dealer,we were never treated as badly afterv the sale as we were by this dealer......Love our Bighorn..see you @ the rally in June.

rbfdclark

We just purchased a 3685RL yesterday... Have to wait 10 days or so for a replacement island counter top as the one that came with the rig had a crack in it. Otherwise, we can't wait to get it.
The floor plan is very similar to the Alfa we are replacing. We have had 14 people eat dinner in that floor plan one extreamly rainy night. Looking forward to joining the Bighorn community!!!

Clark & Robin

jimtoo

Hi Clark and Robin,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Glad you found the defect before,, makes it a little easier. Just the waiting will be hard. Check out the rallies in California and get involved with the Heartland family. Also check out the owners club and the national rally in Gillette, Wy.

Enjoy the forum and see you down the road.

Jim M

tcbrady

Clark and Robin - I'm excited to hear about your Bighorn purchase! Welcome to the Bighorn community.

best regards,
Coley

rbfdclark

Thanks everyone... Looking forward to first getting the rig and second learning about my new Bighorn. I have been RV'ing since I was a kid with my family and my wife and I raised our kids in a trailer. We have traveled through all the lower 48 states once and we are on our second time around. Our Bighorn will be replacing a 2005 Alfa that we bought new and still is in great condition. Just time to upgrade, and our 3685 has the same basic floor plan as the Alfa so it just feels right.
We have to wait a week to get the island counter top replace as it cracked on its delivery trip to Calif. Just love all the options we got, can't wait for our first trip. Got a good friend who has a Bighorn, his has been a really good rig, so it was a natural for us to get serious about one ourselves...

Clark