BIKE RACK slide-out weight-removal

FredA

I need to remove the built-in slide-out bike rack on my Pioneer RV220...if it will gain me a few hundred pounds in trailer load capacity. Can it be just "unbolted" or is it welded to the frame? Would removing it change WDH mounting?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The one we had on our previous trailer, a 2013 Heartland Trail Runner, was welded on.

You would probably need to put another rear bumper back on the trailer, so I doubt you would save much weight.

Maybe mounting your spare tire on the tongue would be a better option for switching out weight from the back to the front.

As for weight . . . we found that the best way to organize weight is to go through the krap we have in the trailer every few months and take out stuff we don't use.

You won't believe how much stuff accumulates in these things.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095052920.jpg
    TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095052920.jpg
    687.3 KB · Views: 141
  • CheyenneMtnCO2014-IMG_2096.jpg
    CheyenneMtnCO2014-IMG_2096.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 140
  • CheyenneMntSunset-IMG_2100.jpg
    CheyenneMntSunset-IMG_2100.jpg
    705.1 KB · Views: 142
  • SDCampsiteSmall-IMG_0548.jpg
    SDCampsiteSmall-IMG_0548.jpg
    649.6 KB · Views: 144
  • CamperSlideOutJacks-IMG_0510.jpg
    CamperSlideOutJacks-IMG_0510.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 141

FredA

I called Heartland, he said it was welded on---and if I had it removed, would have to re-mount the stab jacks. 😞 so I live with the rack, and the fact that the rear stab jacks (as mounted on bottom of bike rack frame) are LOWER than the jacks of my former Rpod without risers 😁

'Lil Guy'

Remounting the stabilzer jacks is a simple deal. Just screw them to the rear frame. If there is a height difference, you can get longer jacks. They're cheap.