Black tank plumbing

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Wondering where the drainage hole is cut into the black tank. Is it in the rear, front or side? Looking to angle unit with level up to facilitate better dumping action.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

Well, this is the diagram for my Bighorn 3160, but I'm guessing Heartland still follows the same cutout location pattern for Landmarks.

Plumbing.JPG

Lou_and_Bette

Jim, mine is located, as shown on diagram, on door side. After overfilling my black tack, another story, it did not drain as well as it did. I dropped 3 sides of Cloroplast and found supporting bands stretched so I inserted a 2x6 and a 2x4 under the band near the outlet and on top of the frame on the off door side. Tank now drains "vigorously."

murry135

Thanks. This helps. Only difference I think is that noth my greys are stacked on one another.

jbeletti

Thanks. This helps. Only difference I think is that noth my greys are stacked on one another.

Jim - regardless of location, I believe all drain ports on the tanks point to the ODS, so lifting the DS of your coach will likely facilitate emptying the tanks.

murry135

Thanks. I have been raising the front with no excess flowing out. Next week will lower doorside and see .

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Yep. Raise the door side. I too have been under coroplast. All tanks drain to the port side. We dumped in a COE park. Contractors must have left their transit at home as the pad sloped back and away from the sewer pit. Love that level up. Dropped the door side jacks and out it came!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Thanks. I have been raising the front with no excess flowing out. Next week will lower doorside and see .

Want to raise the door side or drop the off door side...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lou_and_Bette

Any chance you have a picture of what that looked like before you put in the 2x6 and 2x4?

Sorry, didn't think to take photos since I wasn't sure it would work but there were two metal bands about 3 inches wide that remained me of the hurricane tie down straps we use on our storage sheds and "mobile homes" here on the Mississippi coast. They were still attached to the cross members but there was about 4 inches of slack under the ODS where the outlet hardware is located and I didn't want to put to much pressure on that stuff so I just slid the boards in using the strap as a shelf. On
the DS there was at least 6 inches of slack, enough that I could set the ends of the boards on top of the frame with a little pressure on the plastic tank, giving the tank an overall slope towards the outlet and no more "bulging" of the chloroplast.

murry135

Sorry, didn't think to take photos since I wasn't sure it would work but there were two metal bands about 3 inches wide that remained me of the hurricane tie down straps we use on our storage sheds and "mobile homes" here on the Mississippi coast. They were still attached to the cross members but there was about 4 inches of slack under the ODS where the outlet hardware is located and I didn't want to put to much pressure on that stuff so I just slid the boards in using the strap as a shelf. On
the DS there was at least 6 inches of slack, enough that I could set the ends of the boards on top of the frame with a little pressure on the plastic tank, giving the tank an overall slope towards the outlet and no more "bulging" of the chloroplast.

Lou,

Thanks for the info. I already have angle iron spanning the frame under the tanks to better support them. It appears I may have a little blockage or just stubborn residue on the sensors for only the last light or first third full. Tank has little or no smell and I get what appears to be a good dump, no pun intended, when DUMPING.
:cool: