Black water flush

Hello,

We recently bought a 2017 Landmark 365 Oskosh and usually with our other trailers when we would flush the black tank we would hear water splashing inside the tank and we do not hear that on this unit. Also, we seem to have problem with the sensor not reading properly and we need to fill the tank a few time in order to clean it well.

Thanks in advance for advice.
Richard.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The sensors are notorious for not reading correctly. If you can hear the water splashing from the tank flusher, better look for a puddle inside the rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply. We can hear the water going into the tank and seeing going out slowly, but cannot hear it splashing against the side of the tank.

Richard

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Thanks for your reply. We can hear the water going into the tank and seeing going out slowly, but cannot hear it splashing against the side of the tank.

Richard

I can't really hear mine well, either, but watch the flow through the clear adapter. The time I heard it clearly was when the ASV broke inside a wall cavity. That was just before the wife yelled inside that there was a flood starting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lou_and_Bette

Richard, I think all is well with your flusher. When I am flushing, all I hear is a low " growling" noise as the inflowing water goes through the check valve, but not always if water pressure is low. I believe no splashing sound is heard because the water is going to the sides of the tank and streaming down so, no splash. FYI, it doesn't matter how many times I refill and drain the tank, nor how long I run the flusher between drains and refills, I always get something else to come out.

1949model

We have a new Mallard M26. We could not get the black water flush to work properly. Removed panel under sink in bathroom and found the intake hose for the flush out was kinked. It was only allowing a trickle of water into the tank and we only had a small stream of water coming out. Not enough to flush the tank. Straightened out hose and we now have a "waterfall" of water going through. Having only used the camper about 4 times but not being able to use the black flush properly, it was amazing to see what the proper flushing of the tank cleaned out. We can hear the water and instantly see the results now.

Last edited:
I am hoping this is my problem as well. Brand new 3800RLB and rear bathroom black tank flush has not worked since day one. I hook up the hose, turn on the water and no water comes out of the black tank indicating something is not right. Glad I looked at this forum.

Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Glad I looked at this forum.

Thanks
Hello jjklongisland and welcome to this great informational forum. Lots of helpful folks here.
Since you are glad you looked at this forum be sure to keep coming back. Great that you found some information that may help you.
We also have a lot of great information in our "Tools" section located in the tool bar above.
Consider joining the Heartland Owners Club as well as attending a rally or two throughout the year.

Peace
Dave

DirtyMax88

I am hoping this is my problem as well. Brand new 3800RLB and rear bathroom black tank flush has not worked since day one. I hook up the hose, turn on the water and no water comes out of the black tank indicating something is not right. Glad I looked at this forum.

Thanks

Could also be possible that the check valve is in backwards. That's what was wrong with ours. Evidently it's a common problem. The guys at the factory install them incorrectly. Good luck!

John T Bettencourt

Another point on this is that you should always run a pressure reducer on the tank wash as high pressure will blow a line off the tank. I keep a piece of hose attached to mine with a 50 pis on it.