Black water tank

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
I filled the black tank as full as you can and let sit for some time , any solids or paper will be sure to break free from the sides !! We also have done the bag of ice trick add to the tank for the ride home in hopes it will slush around and help break down any debris !! Good luck with the idiot lights I've had 5 RVs and never trusted them !!!

jnbhobe

The best way I found is to use the black tank flush in the UDC. There are many ways to clean the sensors, the ones I like are to put 10 gal of water in the tank and add a couple of bags of ice and take it for a ride with some Calgon added seem to work for me. I'm sure you will get many more opinions. And what Greg said about idiot lights.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have added a cup of Dawn diswashing liquid along with the Calgon before a ride. It gets a little foamy but cleans very well.

Peace
Dave

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
We also switched over to Dawn & Calgon it's been a great help no more sewer smell .

Birchwood

We changed the black water tank on our 09 Landmark this summer due
to a hole near the top of the tank.The old tanks weight was three times
heavier than the new one.There was a huge build up of crud on the sides
of the old tank.Its no wonder the tank gauges never seem to work on the
black ones.

lwmcguir

I have added a cup of Dawn diswashing liquid along with the Calgon before a ride. It gets a little foamy but cleans very well.

Peace
Dave

This is the best thing you can do for your black tanks. Usually get enough in the gray water from the dishes and shower soaps and detergents.