bottle jack axle adaptor

Kblock108

After changing my first flat on my greystone, during our third trip and this happens to be the same tire that blew out on our first trip…Thankfully I used a bottle jack I had for emergencies, but I don't like the idea of resting it on the axle. Anyone know where to get an adaptor for the axle? I found one online for 30$, but looking for other options. Thanks

gebills

Pretty certain you should be able to find an adaptor for a little less than $30. I picked one up at a trailer supply store in Tacoma WA and if memory serves correctly, the price was between $2 and $3; it's nothing more than a piece of 1/4" thick stamped steel. I would expect you could find a trailer supply type store in just about any decent sized city. I haven't looked, but the web site www.etrailer.com should be able to supply the part. All you need is the axle size. Seems like I gathered that info from the Dexter web site. This is precisely how I lift my axles....

Gaffer

Check out this thread. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/33873-Putting-a-jack-under-the-axles

pegmikef

Before I had the level up system, I used a bottle jack with an axle saddle that I bought from a local trailer dealer/fabricator (livestock/utility trailers). The cost was two or three dollars. They come in different sizes so make sure you get the one that fits your axle (my dealer just gave me three or four and I kept the one that fit and returned the others.