Brakes not working

Mark1959

New to trailor camping just purchased a new 2023 heartland mallard m210rb
Can not get truck to recognize the brakes lights work singles all else but noo brakes. See pic could this have something to with it . I see nothing hooked up to brakes beside the wires running from one side of the axle to the other inside the axle.
Im gonna call them again in the morning but things like this keep me up at night
Thank you

Attachments

• 20230927_174906.jpg
    20230927_174906.jpg
    803.6 KB · Views: 64

david-steph2018

New to trailor camping just purchased a new 2023 heartland mallard m210rb
Can not get truck to recognize the brakes lights work singles all else but noo brakes. See pic could this have something to with it . I see nothing hooked up to brakes beside the wires running from one side of the axle to the other inside the axle.
Im gonna call them again in the morning but things like this keep me up at night
Thank you
Is this just on 1 wheel or all 4 of the wheels?

wdk450

Heartland service needs to be notified of this immediately! Do you realize that your rig was towed on the highways from the Elkhart factory to your local dealer in this condition???

Mark1959

Heartland service needs to be notified of this immediately! Do you realize that your rig was towed on the highways from the Elkhart factory to your local dealer in this condition???
YEA I crazzy Im in contact with camping world and Heartland as of right now . first guy says you will have to bring in in (2 hour drive) I said that is A Negative. told him he can either send somebody here to fix it or come get it and put it back on the sales lot!!! We have a few more people involed now working on a fix .

david-steph2018

YEA I crazzy Im in contact with camping world and Heartland as of right now . first guy says you will have to bring in in (2 hour drive) I said that is A Negative. told him he can either send somebody here to fix it or come get it and put it back on the sales lot!!! We have a few more people involed now working on a fix .
Call Heartland with the last 6 of your vin and be ready to send pics. If they say to take it back to the dealer, remind Heartland, without brakes, it would be unsafe to tow on the roads. Try to get PRE-APPROVED from Heartland for a mobile repair tech to come to you. If they say "well you towed it home". Remind them you had no knowledge of the situation prior to arriving at home. Now that you know the situation with the brakes, and now Heartland does as well, would they stand behind you in case of an accident because of no brakes.
When you talk to Heartland be diplomatic about the conversation. Then follow up with an E-Mail and pictures to the individual you talk to about the situation.

wdk450

If Heartland demands you bring it to a servicer, tell them they legally have to provide a flat bed tow truck with the trailer brakes inoperative.

BTW, whatever trailer towing service Heartland used to get it cross country to your dealer should have had the same "trailer braking system failure" showing up on their truck's trailer braking controller, and were in serious violation of the law by towing it this way.

Another example of the non-existent Quality Assurance testing at the RV factories. Is checking out the braking system on anybody's Pre Delivery Inspection checkout list?

Last edited:

rhodies1

I read a story last week about trailer sales...Heartlands parent company and we all know you this is ,stated that the towable unit sales were down 50:8 % this year compared to last years numbers.
With things slowing down you would think that they would have more time for some Quality Control..no brakes on a unit is not acceptable, why did they waste millions to build an inspection facility and not use it properly,.what do they use it for a coffee room.

Mark1959

Update ! I gave up on camping world and heartland and fixed this myself took about a hour.. All good now !! On thw brakes anyway
Other problem i have is the batter disconect dose not do anything off postition everything is on on postition on. Not a bad switch checked that. Im assuming something is not wired correctly in the junction box when i disconect the wire that runs to the juntion box the switch works as it supposed to.
Im trying to get Heartland to send me a detailed diagram to see if i can figure it out.
At least now i can tow it

Attachments

• 20231005_185547.jpg
    20231005_185547.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29

Mark1959

After pictures
Thanks for all the replies

Attachments

• 20231005_180029.jpg
    20231005_180029.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 28
  • 20231005_180038.jpg
    20231005_180038.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 31

Dahillbilly

Update ! I gave up on camping world and heartland and fixed this myself took about a hour.. All good now !! On thw brakes anyway
Other problem i have is the batter disconect dose not do anything off postition everything is on on postition on. Not a bad switch checked that. Im assuming something is not wired correctly in the junction box when i disconect the wire that runs to the juntion box the switch works as it supposed to.
Im trying to get Heartland to send me a detailed diagram to see if i can figure it out.
At least now i can tow it
check the tools tab above could look under electrical or https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/manuals/User Guides/12V Block Diagram & Diagnostics V2.pdf
good luck