Camp kitchen drain hose cracked/leaking

Bones

I could use some advice. Not sure how I should tackle this issue. I was trying to figure out why every-time I use the camp kitchen water would come out the basement onto the ground. I had some down time before my next trip this weekend so I decided to take a look. It would appear as if the hose split.

attachment.php

But here is my problem. I could not undo the connectors holding the hose onto the hard drain lines because they are glued to the pipe. Brilliant idea I might add.//heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon6.png
attachment.php

attachment.php

I got lucky and the one line going to the sink was loose

attachment.php

I have not been able to break loose the tank one. They glued it. Might I add that was a wonderful idea. //heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon6.png

How should I go about fixing this? //heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon3.png Anyone had this problem before? Should I file it under warranty and would Heartland send me all of the replacement parts I need to fix it? My heating duct work insulation is soaked as well and probably should be replaced.

Attachments

• IMG_20150707_160222.jpg
    IMG_20150707_160222.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20150707_155903.jpg
    IMG_20150707_155903.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20150707_160419.jpg
    IMG_20150707_160419.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20150707_160003.jpg
    IMG_20150707_160003.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 50

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Why does that corrugated hose look like two separate sections that were forced together where it "split?" I would try to get HL to send the needed replacement parts, since I don't know if you'll find that hose any place. Getting that fitting off the threads may be a challenge. You could try heating it and using a set of channel locks to try to loosen it. Failing that, you could cut off the threaded section, use a union, and attach another short section with a threaded end to replace it.

danemayer

Heartland might send you all the parts. You'll need to send the parts people annotated pictures so they get you the correct hose and fittings.

Where the fitting is glued, you may have to get a new fitting, cut the pipe back a little, and glue on the new fitting, then screw the hose into place.

If you don't want to wait for parts, you could probably find everything at Home Depot or Lowes for $15.

Bones

Heartland might send you all the parts. You'll need to send the parts people annotated pictures so they get you the correct hose and fittings.

Where the fitting is glued, you may have to get a new fitting, cut the pipe back a little, and glue on the new fitting, then screw the hose into place.

If you don't want to wait for parts, you could probably find everything at Home Depot or Lowes for $15.

Ok good news is that the screw fittings are siliconed in. So there is hope. I freed the fitting on the kitchen end and will need to free the fitting on the tank. That one may be a little more difficult so I may use my heat gun to help things along. I have a temporary fix on the hose because that is a hose I have never seen at home depot or lowes yet. If I break the one fitting I know I can get that at the Depot. That is a simple drain compression fitting.

- - - Updated - - -

Why does that corrugated hose look like two separate sections that were forced together where it "split?" I would try to get HL to send the needed replacement parts, since I don't know if you'll find that hose any place. Getting that fitting off the threads may be a challenge. You could try heating it and using a set of channel locks to try to loosen it. Failing that, you could cut off the threaded section, use a union, and attach another short section with a threaded end to replace it.

John the hose does look like it was two pieces but I think that is the way it is made.