Can anyone help with battery wiring?

APT

I test drove a new tow vehicle yesterday including hooking it up to my TT. Drove to the storage place, hitched up the TT, and went for a drive with my family. I drove about 20 miles before returning the TT. It was when I was unhooking that I noticed my battery was gone. First I thought it was stolen, but I'm fairly certain it was there when I hooked it up.

I'll pick up a pair of golf cart 6V batteries from Costco and a new tray (hopefully one that I can screw to the frame). I know how to wire them in series to get the required 12V. However, my problem wiring to the TT. The ground is in tact as I had disconnected it for storage anyway. It is wired to the frame. But the positive side was still connected to the battery and apparently is stronger than the TT connection when it fell off. So, where do I wire the 12V side? There is what appears to be some kind of distribution block with some red covers. I think some of the red covers are missing, though. Do I just need to get 12V to that? I honestly do not remember where the positive side was wired. Any help would be appreciated.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If it is like my BH...then yes you would connect the 12V+ to the circuit breakers. Your battery just fell off?? Plastic box and all? WOW...I bet someone behind you was surprised.LOL

APT

Yep, with plastic box. It was never mounted to the battery tray, just setting there, held on partially by the strap that hold the cover on the box. I searched for the battery this morning, but did not locate it. I'm certain it happened on on turn, like a divided highway turn around I took a couple to test braking and acceleration. Guess I should stick with my old, slow truck. Never felt it as if the TT ran over it. I can take the opportunity to upgrade. :) Thanks for the help!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Sounds like you have everything under control. You don't see batteries bouncing down the interstates that often cables and all.

Yellowreef

The positive side goes to those red blocks. Make sure those blocks didn't get damaged, they are relatively fragile.