Cancer Society Survivor's Walk. I have "BEEN" Volunteered. :)

jimtoo

Well folks,,, it looks like my wonderful wife, Bette, has volunteered ME to be in the "Live Oak-McMullen County Cancer Survivor Miss-ter Beauty Contest". It is a contest for men to dress as "Ladies?" or something of the "Female" species and see who can raise the most money. The winner is not always the best looking or best dressed. So, I'm not sure how I will dress yet,,, thinking something in a very short dress, because boots are the mandatory requirement to wear this year. Of course the top will be something that can streeeachh and maybe jiggle a little. My hair,, not sure yet... Might even be a biker babe...got some hair with a duerag... or maybe the preacher at the church will loan me one of her wigs,,, blonde, red or a "Mohawk"?? :) We will see what happens.. And I'm sure pictures will follow... even in the news paper and on facebook.

Since Bette and I are both cancer survivors, it's the least I can do. We participate every year, but me,,, not to this extent. :)

If anyone would like to support me in my quest to be "Miss-ter Relay 2014" ,, you may do so by mailing a check made out to "American Cancer Society" to me. The walk is May 2nd, so check needs to be in mail by Monday ,,, maybe Tuesday...They will get it regardless of when it arrives,, but it will not help me win if it's late.

Jim McGee
PO Box 639
George West, Tx 78022

Thanks for your support.
Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Check is in the mail.......is Ms Jimmie going to show off a bit in Urbanna?

Peace
Dave

jimtoo

Check is in the mail.......is Ms Jimmie going to show off a bit in Urbanna?

Peace
Dave

I am pretty sure she will not travel with us. :)

Also a couple of things have just come up now about even getting to travel to Urbanna. :( I will know for sure soon.

Thanks Dave,

Jim M

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Jim,

Check is in the mail. Thank you, as I have been raising money every year for the past 23 years in support of the Jimmy Fund and Dana Farber Cancer Research Hospital with an event called the "Pan-Mass Challenge" or PMC, a 200 Mile Bicycle ride the first weekend of Aug. My DW beat Cancer 3 Times over the years, and I can directly attribute the 13+ years extra we had with her to the discoveries at Dana Farber. They still have a lot of work to do - so I too continue to do what every I can to fund Cancer research every year. Maybe some day, they will find a treatement for the Cancer that finally took her from me and all the other forms of cancer that take countless numbers of others each year.

God Bless and strut your stuff for a very good cause.

Kevin

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
For your costume, Jim, be brave, be manly, be a Fairy! This costume I used many years ago (early '80's) for a Halloween costume might serve your needs. The bracelet is a short link of .762 blanks, there is a fake tattoo on my arm that says "Dad," makeup scar on the cheek. I also did'nt shave for a couple of day. The bottom was a pair of white gym shorts with pink taffetta attached to it, finished with pink leg warmers up to my knees. Went well with my hairy legs. I also had a cute little glitter pouch hanging at my side. I carried two wands, as well. The one you see and another fairly large anatomically correct object that I would sneak up behind the ladies with and run under their chins.

Darlene is also a cancer survivor. Check is in the mail.

View attachment 29463

jimtoo

Thanks John, Darlene and Kevin,,, it's all for a good cause... with hopes that a cure can be found.

Jim M

jimtoo

Well,,, went shopping today...bought a dress,,, blouse,,,pretty pantyhose...and boots... Now got to make everything fit.
smile.gif
snapshot.gif
Pictures will follow...
baghead.gif

I also received a check or two also for donation to the American Cancer Society ... thanks folks. I will send PM to donors later.
thumbsup.gif

Jim M

Jim - as a two time survivor, I can't THANK you enough for all that you have and are doing! It takes a village! One day, just one day this beast (Cancer) will be a thing of the past.

THANK YOU!

jimtoo

Well ,,, as promised, here are a couple of pictures from our Relay for Life Cancer Walk. I did raise $744.00 by making my appearance. A BIG Thanks to several Heartland supporters and also some was gathered from local supporters also.

It was fun and now I must be prepared to do it again next year to also be a contestant and if winner again,, presenter of the crown.

2014 Relay for life 075.jpg2014 Relay for life 080.JPG

Thanks to all.

Jim M