Centeral Vac fix 3055

kinzu

Fix for a vac that has little suction ....Look under first step..where the hose attaches to the connection..I removed first step and found that the connection with fittings that adapt to hose connection was not attached..the connectors that are used by Heartland will not work ..so they never bothered to connect them .I removed the connector ( inside adapter piece)in side of step and connected hose from vac directly to white connector on side of step..I wrapped the end of this connector with tape to increase the diameter so hose end would fit this connector and tightend clamp .Vac.suction now is unbelievable..

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
When I reinstalled our vacuum after the original "Yellow Jacket" had gone out I replaced the "Y" pvc connection with a rubber "Y". Then used flex tubing to connect the "Y" to the tubing lines. I now have twice the suction we originally had. Incidentally, the Eureka warranty repair center was unable to get parts to fix the original "Yellow Jacket" so Eureka sent a new "Yellow Jacket" to replace the defective one. It was really difficult to find a warranty repair center. The one I finally found was Vacuums of America on FM1960 in Houston. Their phone number is 281-444-1313.

kinzu

since i fixed.mine as stated....floor attachment actually picks up small rug...couldn't believe the change it made.

ChopperBill

When we got down to Parker AZ Renee used the Eureka to clean up. Said there wasn't much suction. I checked the bag and it was OK. I took the hose out to clean the truck and when I stretched it out I got hardly any suction. Collapsed the hose and suction returned. On inspection the hose had dozens of small holes in it. When you collapsed it the holes sealed. How the hole got there is beyond me. I put on about a mile of electrical tape to seal all the little holes and it works better than ever now. Must of had some holes in the hose when we first got it. New hose is going to cost $50. So anyone have poor suction, check your hose.

kinzu

removing step

i pryed mine off ..then found that there are screws in it. The screws are thru carpet. are tough to find..

ChopperBill

i pryed mine off ..then found that there are screws in it. The screws are thru carpet. are tough to find..
My whole stair way is carpeted with one piece. Would be nice if it was separate pieces, would be nice to access that area.