Chevy---mirror indicator light

aatauses

Hi everyone,
We have a 2005 Chevy 3500. The outside mirrors have lights that come on when turn signals are used. The one on the drivers side has quit working. The turn signals on the front and rear on the truck are working fine, just the mirror indicator. I have checked the manuals and cannot find if this is a fuse, light or what. Anyone have suggestions on how to fix/repair/replace??
Thanks,
al
currently in Kenai, AK

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If the mirror works except the T/S part...its probably in the mirror. You can remove the mirror glass and see if one of the wires came loose at the glass. Caution, the glass will probably break when you remove it unless you are VERY careful and are a stinker to reinstall. The wire connectors are at the T/S area of the glass. You might be able to pull the glass out far enough, without removing it to see if the wires are still connected. BTW, you did not say which mirrors you have. If you want to spend the money, you can install the later style camper mirrors on your 05. I did on my 05. They are a direct replace for the old style mirrors. Hated those mirrors....could not see crap out of them.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have just purchased replacement mirrors (waiting on delivery). I did a search for 2005 GM, here is one. This may give you an idea of the wiring in your current mirror. Hover over the pic to see a close-up. There are also install videos, if you search you might find one that is helpful.

Erika

cb1313

I broke a mirrow comming out of my gargage 2008 model. I got a aftermarket replacement on Ebay ( cheap). No problems with installation. Cb