Clarksville Tenn and Montgomery Al. Campgrounds

bigdob24

We will be stopping around Clarksville Tenn and then Montgomery Al. on a trip to Florida
Looking for a nice place to stay overnight, any recommendations

GrumpyOneandTwo

Just West of Montgomery is a Corp of Engineers park, Gunter Hill Campground. A little out of the way but an absolutely fine campground. Full hook-ups, 50 amps, level concrete pads, shade trees. I can try and post pictures, if you want.

Mike

haulinem

We will be stopping around Clarksville Tenn and then Montgomery Al. on a trip to Florida
Looking for a nice place to stay overnight, any recommendations

Try www.clarksvillervpark.com. They are right off the interstate at exit 1. After you exit turn left, cross over the interstate and make a left just past the Shell station onto Tylertown Road. The park is just ahead on your left. I have never stayed there since it is too close to home but have refilled my propane tanks there. When are you passing through?

Terry & Grace

MCTalley

Our "home campground" in the Montgomery area is Fort Toulouse campground. It is a COE park (leased by the state since it adjoins a state historical site). In typical COE fashion it doesn't have sewer hookups but does have a dump station. Rates are $15 a night, $12 for seniors or military.

If you stop in, tell Nathan the camp host that the Talleys sent you.

if you are looking for a quick off and back on site near I-65, I've heard decent reviews on Montgomery South RV Park. Depends on if you are heading cross-country on US 231 to FL or not, though, to be considered "along the route".

123camper

Fort Campbell Army base has a real nice campground outside of the base. They let anyone stay and they have pull thru sites with full hook ups. We lived in our 5er there for 6 months while we were building our stick and brick. Last years rates were 20 a night or 520 a month. There are even bath houses (-

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gizzy

If you are going to use US 231 on your way to FL there is a nice park about 40 mi south of Montgomery just north of Troy, AL. It is called Deer Run. Never stayed there but have been past it many times. You can check it out on rvparksreviws.com.

MCTalley

Deer Run is nice. We've stayed there a couple times. It also holds a sentimental place in our hearts because it is the first place we stayed in our Big Country on the way home from the dealer.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
In Clarksville, we have used Clarksville RV Park as we travel thru. EZ on and clean park. Only gripe was the pull thru site they had us on was very un-level. That's been a couple of years ago so maybe things have gotten better.

Dtesh

Prairie creek in White Hall Alabama army corp park on the Alabama river 334-418-4919 real nice and cheap

Gizzy

Prairie Creek is one of our favorite places, but if you are just looking for an overnite stop from I-65 it would be about 90 miles round trip out of your way, however if you have plenty of time it is a wonderful place to stay for a while.

Prairie creek in White Hall Alabama army corp park on the Alabama river 334-418-4919 real nice and cheap

bigdob24

We stayed at Clarksville RV Park in Clarksville Tenn. it was a nice clean place to stay. Would stop again if in the area .
thry are getting a brand new pool installed .
In Montgomery Al we stayed at The Woods RV Park . Its a well run park, but if your looking for shade don't go.
not a tree on the grounds ( all most ) It rained while we were there and needed water proof boots, about 3-4 inches of standing water everywhere, but we got out ok.
All and all both were great spots for and overnight stay.
thanks for the advise