Considering downsizing questioning fair price with the current economy

timk

Guys,
I am considering offering my 05 3400rl for sale. I would appreciate a little input from somebody who has been poking around in the current market, who has a feel for whats going on with prices now. I really don't want to take the dealer hit, so I think I may have a go at selling it privately.

Everybody here knows what they sell for new, and I dont think we're supposed to say, I dont know if its ok to talk resale price, so perhaps you could send a pm.

The rig is like new, we have spent about 10,000 on upgrades.
Here's everything that comes to mind.

bedroom ac
new Goodyear g614s
3 solar panels
2000 watt xantrex inverter
4 trojans
2nd backup inverter
non plastic toilet
built in vac
weinguard auto sat dish
dish network receiver
accordion closet doors
2nd patio awning on large slide
solar screens for windows
lcd in bedroom
trailair hitch

Sure would appreciate a little input here. Love the rig to death, but we really wish it was about 10 ft shorter. We are more campers, and its making us more rvers.

Thanks a lot

Tim K

Oh and it has the original TimK ac vent mod.

jbeletti

Tim! The innovator - say it's not so :(

Used coach pricing is fine. Once you settle on a price, feel free to post it to the For Sale forum.

Jim

grizzlygiant

Tim--I made the same decision you are now making. I sold my beautiful 3400RL and replaced it with a new 2800RLS Sundance. 38' down to 31' and what a wonderful difference in parking and towing! We love the Sundance and have never looked back.

We put the Big Horn on consignment with the A++ dealer that sold us the Sundance (Freedom RV in eastern WA) and I am very glad we did. They used very creative financing to get it sold and they even gave me over $1000 above my consignment listing price. No way could I have done that on FSBO.

Best of luck to you on your new venture...bigger is not always better!

fljlcw

tim we had the 3400rl and did the same thing it took us almost a year to unload it I think A consignment would be the way to go I am going to try and pm you
Fred