Creaking, cracking and other noises for my Bighorn 2018

SassyRed

Has anyone ever experienced issues with their 5th wheel making a ton of noises that make sound like someone is outside trailer? Sometimes while sitting at table sounds like someone is trying to enter the door. Can you help me out?

jmarnell

Not sure exactly what types of sounds you are hearing, but is it a metallic popping sound? The automatic levelling system has been known to make popping sounds as reported by many people. You can search the forum for previous posts about it and the fix that involves putting anti stiction fluid in the hydraulic fluid reservoir.

SassyRed

Not sure exactly what types of sounds you are hearing, but is it a metallic popping sound? The automatic levelling system has been known to make popping sounds as reported by many people. You can search the forum for previous posts about it and the fix that involves putting anti stiction fluid in the hydraulic fluid reservoir.
Well there seems to be a lot of movement within the trailer .to begin with. While sitting at the table last night, it felt like someone had hit the side of the trailer. Go outside to check things out and nothing. Nothing's around my trailer. Could the hydraulics have caused that? I'm just new to the fifth wheel I'm just trying to figure things out.

wdk450

Wind?? Earthquake? Do you have rear stabilizers that aren't extended?

Maybe you should call out a mobile RV repair tech to check out your suspension and frame. RVservicereviews.com has listings of RV repair sources throughout the U.S.

Routemaster

Yes I have, I am putting mine down to the bent frame I have not yet had fixed, metal has a memory maybe it is contracting slowly ha ha leaving the floor and walls behind it is so annoying at night. But what do I know?