Cutting the tank pull cables

oldelmer1

Had to take the underbelly off because the water filter leaked and soaked the insulation.

So, now that I see everything underneath, should I shorten the pull cables for the waste tanks?

Looks like a simple job.

When I close my tanks, I find that if I keep pressure on the handles for a few seconds, they close completely, otherwise I have some leakage.

So wondering if shortening the cables would help?

Thanks for your thoughts.....

wdk450

Had to take the underbelly off because the water filter leaked and soaked the insulation.

So, now that I see everything underneath, should I shorten the pull cables for the waste tanks?

Looks like a simple job.

When I close my tanks, I find that if I keep pressure on the handles for a few seconds, they close completely, otherwise I have some leakage.

So wondering if shortening the cables would help?

Thanks for your thoughts.....

Usually, the reported valve leak fix is replacing either the valve seal or the entire valve assembly. If you currently have easy access to the valves this might be an opportune time to replace the seal or valve assembly. There are U-tube videos on this, and one helpful hint I have heard of is after a long freshwater tank flush and dump, tilt your rig off level so that the liquid in the tank/pipes flows away from the valve during repair.

Jim Posz

I replaced the blackwater valve and cable on my 2014 Sundance this spring. The previous cable was about 4 feet longer than the one I replaced it with, and I rerouted it to eliminate the kinks. It works much easier now than it ever did before. The new cable came with directions and illustrations of how not to route it, and the previous routeing was about the same as the "how not" diagram. Good luck.
Jim