Cyclone 3612 water lines freezing at -4C

Belly_892

I bought myself a 2011 Cyclone 3612 HD and been living in it in Peace River AB and this spring we had a couple nights of -4 to -8C weather and my water lines coming from the water tank to the pump froze a couple times until it warmed up in the afternoon. i was told that this shouldn't happen at those mild of temperatures. Anyone have the same problems?

danemayer

IF your Cyclone has a sealed and heated underbelly AND you are running the furnace, I would expect the waterline would not freeze at those temps. Our Landmark has a heated and insulated underbelly and is good to about -15F before water lines freeze.

If you're running electric heaters instead of the furnace, water lines in the underbelly will certainly freeze.

If your water line is in contact with the frame, or if you have openings in the underbelly, that could also cause it to freeze sooner.

robnmo

We've got a 2011 3612, we had several nights in Jan and Feb in the mid 20's, just had the fireplace running and the furnace running, we didn't have a bit of problem.

I bought myself a 2011 Cyclone 3612 HD and been living in it in Peace River AB and this spring we had a couple nights of -4 to -8C weather and my water lines coming from the water tank to the pump froze a couple times until it warmed up in the afternoon. i was told that this shouldn't happen at those mild of temperatures. Anyone have the same problems?

Riverman

Ours did the same last spring. These really do not have a insulated underbelly, unless you consider the "tentest" material as insulation. If you drop that material down a bit, you will see the issue. The water lines are hanging, exposed just above it with a 2" hole bored into the heat duct somewhere along the main ductwork to the back. This is intended to heat 30+ ft. of area??
I covered that hole in ours since...as far as I am concerned it accomplishes nothing other than losing lots of the heat that we desperately needed inside. The furnace has a hard time keeping it comfortable around the freezing mark. We have considered actually insulating the area, but will need to wait until I no longer have any water leaks springing up.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
When you have time. Pull down the underbelly and make sure that the water line is not against the frame. Get some foam pipe wrap and insulate as much as you can.