Cyclone 4200 Black Tank Drain(s)

Dragland

Hello all,

I Recently purchased a '15 CY4200 and have a question about the Black Tank dump. (My understanding) I have 2 gray tanks and 2 gray dump valves, I get that. But I have 1 black tank and 2 black dump valves, does that mean I get to choose which valve I want to dump the black from? The previous owner probably told me but I just missed it I guess.

Thanks in advance!

dragland

danemayer

Hi Dragland,

Congratulations on the new-to-you Cyclone and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm sure another Cyclone 4200 owner will fill you in shortly on how the black tank valves are set up.

Dragland

Hi Dragland,

Congratulations on the new-to-you Cyclone and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm sure another Cyclone 4200 owner will fill you in shortly on how the black tank valves are set up.

Thanks! We're pretty excited about it. Now I just need to sell my old rig...

The previous owner told me you were an invaluable resource on the forums, thought you might like to know you're famous!

dragland

Sowie

My 2016 4200 has two black tanks and two gray tanks. The rear bathroom next to the sink is the other black tank level indicator.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dragland

Well, that would certainly make more sense than what I was describing.

Do do you happen to know the capacity of each of the 4 tanks?

Thanks!

dragland

Sowie

I believe they are 40 gal each. Total 80. Strange though the combined gray tanks is only 69 gal. I would have preferred more gray storage than black. The heartland website has all of the other specs listed. Have fun we really enjoy ours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fastcarsspeed

If it is like our 4100, it should be the following.

1. Grey Tank is for the Master Bath
2. Grey Tank 2 is for Kitchen Sink
3. Blank Tank for Master Bath.
4. Blank Tank 2 does the Garage Toilet and Sink.

Everyone has had their valves be different on these. Ours has to doors. The front has 3 valves. Grey, Black, Grey and the rear has one Valve which is for the Garage Bath. Black.

Congrats on your new rig.

Jwitts

Re: Cyclone 4200 Black Tank Drain(s) function

I have a stiff master black tank valve and the tank does not empty. I have confirmed no blockage beyond the valve. When I try and do the tank flush it causes an over flow situation over the top of the tank. Not sure if the valves can be manually operated. What would be the best way to snake down through there if there was a blockage? The toilet does not sit directly on the tan in the upstairs. Thank you

rhodies1

You have a couple of options,drain as much as possible out of the tank.
First you can run your unit up on some blocks with the drivers side being high,this allows the remaining junk to drain away from the valve,remove the coroplast and take out the valve to see if something is stuck in the blade mechanism. Bad thing about this procedure is if the blockage is free moving in the tank it will be mixed with the remaining Junk and flow to the passenger side of the tank.
Second option is to run a snake up the valve from the outside with the help of a second person,if it’s something jamming against the valve the snake will push it back in the tank or will bring it out with the snake.You will need a bucket and someone at the valve closure to shut it off when the debis is cleared.You may have some mess either way but chances are there is something from the manufacturing process in the tank.
I had this issue and had to go the outside valve way and pulled out a round piece of wood which was the cutout from the flooring from the toilet install at the factory.
Not a fun process either way but something someone will need to tackle.
Good luck