Cyclone 4200

Storm1972

Well we decided to pull the trigger and upgrade our 2012 cyclone 3950 , after much debate and humming and hawing we decided on the cyclone 4200. While being a beast of a trailer i have to say as soon as we dropped the patios we were in love with it. While being a bit pricey, they sure have come a ways in the last few years, the level up is a thing i would never be without again lol. Patios... Cant say more about them, we have spent all day on ours today. Love everything about this unit so far, .... Except the mattess, worse then sleeping on rocks, bought a 3 inch memory foam to put on it and all is well now.
As far as the awning not covering the main door, i find that pretty minimal as a problem, after all if its raining or beating sun down im not sitting on the steps im on the deck drinking beer from this crazyily acessable fridge they stuck beside my lawnchair :)
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Buddy! The Mrs' and I are looking hard at the 4200 as a fulltime rig and your comments here are encouraging.
What are you pullin er with? Have you found it to handle well on the road?

Bones

Well we decided to pull the trigger and upgrade our 2012 cyclone 3950 , after much debate and humming and hawing we decided on the cyclone 4200. While being a beast of a trailer i have to say as soon as we dropped the patios we were in love with it. While being a bit pricey, they sure have come a ways in the last few years, the level up is a thing i would never be without again lol. Patios... Cant say more about them, we have spent all day on ours today. Love everything about this unit so far, .... Except the mattess, worse then sleeping on rocks, bought a 3 inch memory foam to put on it and all is well now.
As far as the awning not covering the main door, i find that pretty minimal as a problem, after all if its raining or beating sun down im not sitting on the steps im on the deck drinking beer from this crazyily acessable fridge they stuck beside my lawnchair :)
Cheers

Congrats.

Storm1972

Yeah Buddy! The Mrs' and I are looking hard at the 4200 as a fulltime rig and your comments here are encouraging.
What are you pullin er with? Have you found it to handle well on the road?

Dragging it around with a 2014 mega cab dually, doesn't even make it grunt :)
4a521814d7968cba1e5fa267bcfd844f.jpg

Love the 4200

Jim-Lynn

Congrats, you will love the unit. We have had ours a year now & love it. It might be a monster! But pulls like a dream. Happy motoring.

Jim

Storm1972

Very much like it , however the plumbing system for the main bathroom is something to be desired, lavatory seems to plug very easy, and getting sewer gas back through the bowl when flushing and the valves are closed on the rig . Haven't been able to narrow down a cause as of yet

Jim-Lynn

Very much like it , however the plumbing system for the main bathroom is something to be desired, lavatory seems to plug very easy, and getting sewer gas back through the bowl when flushing and the valves are closed on the rig . Haven't been able to narrow down a cause as of yet

Storm1972; We were having the same issues just this summer with the main washroom, and I thought it was me. We added more deodorizer to the toilet bowl and seemed to work. To be honest, we usually travel with 1/3 of a tank of black & deodorizer - I forgot & I assume the smell was my problem, but all is OK now. The sink & tub in the garage are slow draining and just seems to be the way it is.

Jim

Storm1972

Yours was clogging up badly too? I use lots of that digested deodorizer , but yet it still burps when you flush it, and clogs up somewhat, not sure what the deal is

Storm1972

I think so too, haven't been able to narrow it down yet though, can't be from the site septic service I have the valves closed, and a makeshift p trap at the end of my sewer hose

Bones

I think so too, haven't been able to narrow it down yet though, can't be from the site septic service I have the valves closed, and a makeshift p trap at the end of my sewer hose

Can the roof vent have gone bad?

Storm1972

I wouldn't think so, It's a brand new 4200, I just took it off the lot 2 weeks ago, but guess I can climb up on the roof and have a look, not really sure what to look for except an open ended pipe or something , unless a bird made a nest up there or something. It's kind of aggravating considering we just bought it and moved it to a seasonal site which is very hard to get in and out of to take it in for warranty.
Seems after about 24 hours of use, it starts acting up and after a full weekend it gets really bad , then I drain the black water tank because it's almost full, and try to use the flush system with the valves open and it starts backing up inside the bowl.

Bones

I wouldn't think so, It's a brand new 4200, I just took it off the lot 2 weeks ago, but guess I can climb up on the roof and have a look, not really sure what to look for except an open ended pipe or something , unless a bird made a nest up there or something. It's kind of aggravating considering we just bought it and moved it to a seasonal site which is very hard to get in and out of to take it in for warranty.
Seems after about 24 hours of use, it starts acting up and after a full weekend it gets really bad , then I drain the black water tank because it's almost full, and try to use the flush system with the valves open and it starts backing up inside the bowl.

I wonder if one of the pieces of the tank are stuck in the drain, from them drilling the holes or something. You should not be getting any type of back up at all if your tank is completely drained. Here is my idea. Rent one of those cameras on a stick and stick it down the toilet hole and look inside the tank for obstructions or if you still have stuff in the tank.

Jim-Lynn

I wonder if one of the pieces of the tank are stuck in the drain, from them drilling the holes or something. You should not be getting any type of back up at all if your tank is completely drained. Here is my idea. Rent one of those cameras on a stick and stick it down the toilet hole and look inside the tank for obstructions or if you still have stuff in the tank.

Bones; great idea on the rental camera, as I sure would not use my GO PRO to do that.
Jim

- - - Updated - - -

Bones; great idea on the rental camera, as I sure would not use my GO PRO to do that.
Jim

Dragging it around with a 2014 mega cab dually, doesn't even make it grunt :)
4a521814d7968cba1e5fa267bcfd844f.jpg

Love the 4200

I am looking at a 4200, this will be our first 5th wheel and I am struggling with truck purchase. Do you have any issues with the shorter bed? I keep reading that we need a longer bed for turns. But I am also looking at the mega cabs, and those all have the shorter beds. Also, not a truck guy, so this is all new to me. Any help/advice you can offer would be great. Thanks.

jimtoo

I am looking at a 4200, this will be our first 5th wheel and I am struggling with truck purchase. Do you have any issues with the shorter bed? I keep reading that we need a longer bed for turns. But I am also looking at the mega cabs, and those all have the shorter beds. Also, not a truck guy, so this is all new to me. Any help/advice you can offer would be great. Thanks.

Hi norton0428,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

With the new design front cap on the Heartland line, under normal conditions you do not need the sliding hitch. If your on really un-level ground and need to turn you could have a problem.

I'm sure you will get lots more suggestions from our other members.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi norton0428,

The truck has to be capable of pulling the trailer and also has to be able to support the weight of the pin sitting on the rear axle. So you'll want to evaluate the specs on 5th wheel towing capacity and payload. It's also important to look at the specs on the actual vehicle you're considering. The general specs on the brand/model don't necessary match what you're looking at buying.

The Gross Vehicle Weight Rating of the Cy 4200 is 20,000 lbs. The hitch weight is listed as 3,525, but that for an empty trailer with no options. Your actual pin weight is more likely to be over 4,000 lbs.

So you need a truck that's rated to pull 20,000 lbs and has a payload of over 4,000 lbs. The payload also has to cover your passengers, pets, tools, firewood, weight of the hitch, bed line, and bed cover and anything else in the truck.

That puts you into dually territory for sure.

For more info, check out Fifth Wheel Safe Towing.

jam20ster

You will definitely need a DRW truck for the 4200. Some people tow with a SRW, but this is not suggested and honestly not very safe. Any of the 3 major truck brands will have enough payload/power/torque and other specs you will need. I also would strongly recommend getting a diesel engine as this does make a big difference in towing, not to mention maintains its value much better. As far as the mega cab/short bed goes I believe there is a slider hitch designed for this application, but I have no experience with them. Maybe others will chime in.

Storm1972

The picture I posted above is of my 2014 megacab, short box, I do have a factory drop in puck style hitch that is a slider, however I've never had to use it with the way the front cap is now designed, I can almost jack knife the trailer without it coming close to the cab corners. Be aware however when making those really tight turns it puts a lot of strain on the sidewalls of the tires. And yes the dually is crucial for a trailer of this size, anyone that pulls something this heavy with a swd is and I'm sorry if I offend anyone here , but quite simply stupid and risking the lives of anyone that happens to be on the road