Selling My 2016 5'ver

bhcduner

My wife and have decided to sell our 5'ver which is a 2016 Heartland FB3870 in search for a Class A. We visited a location in Phoenix that accepted trades as well as consignment RV's , but I felt like they wanted to low ball my trade and not budge on the class A. This is a Class A that they own not a consignment vehicle. My question is who or what are you using to get a fair market price for our RV or should I just expect to take a beating.

Thank you
Terry

NYSUPstater

Try looking up your value on either KBB or Kelley Blue Book. Also look at RVtrader to see what others are asking. FWIW, as much as I dislike CW, they are offering cash for used RV's as well.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
In 2020, we “sold” our 2009 BH to the General RV we bought it from. Granted, it was 11 years old but in good shape, but their offer was a bit under what was still owed on it, so I had to make up the difference.

RV Trader may list dealers that are looking for used RV’s. That’s how I found out General was looking for some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wdk450

There is an RV's section on your local Craig's List website, where you can put your rig up for sale to local individuals, and see what other RV owners are asking for similar rigs.

Also E-Bay has a national listing of RV's for sale where you can again check prices, or put your rig up for sale. This is in their E-Bay Motors section.

sengli

There is a glut of newer used RVs out there now. Rvs are terrible on re-sale. Best of luck in your sale. We used RV trader, which did eventually work, but in took over a year for the last unit we sold to move.

magikmn

A few months back we sold our 2022 35' Pioneer TT and upgraded to a gently used Class A diesel pusher. (Go big or go home, right?) We tried a few avenues of selling online, facebook marketplace, etc. We eventually sold it using RVTrader -- and got at least 30% more than the cash/trade in offers we got from local dealers. As mentioned, though, it might take time -- you'll get a lot of views and a whole lot of spam, scammers, etc. It's almost like craigslist of the RV world, so you'll have to weed them out.

We eventually did find a buyer, he was a real person and his check cashed, so score. But yah, it took around 3 months for us in the mid-spring. My best advice is to maintain patience and be sure you're priced accordingly. I had to do numerous price drops before we finally found that buyer.

magikmn

My wife and have decided to sell our 5'ver which is a 2016 Heartland FB3870 in search for a Class A. We visited a location in Phoenix that accepted trades as well as consignment RV's , but I felt like they wanted to low ball my trade and not budge on the class A. This is a Class A that they own not a consignment vehicle. My question is who or what are you using to get a fair market price for our RV or should I just expect to take a beating.

Thank you
Terry
BTW - How long has the dealer had that Class A? Maybe you can negotiate on a few add ons if they won't budge. We bought our Class A at a dealer that refused to budge on bottom line (it was consignment, though). We finally negotiated a few things at 0 cost, eg 6 new tires, roof reseal, fluids change, etc to make up the difference. We're also heading into the off season, so if it continues to sit, perhaps they'll be more likely to deal as it depreciates over the winter. Just don't go falling in love with it until you own it... been there, suffered that. ;-)

garyroee

Selling a camper becomes more intricate when a lien is involved. Opting to sell your camper with a lien through a dealership ensures the proper handling of ownership transfer and the assumption of lien debt.

Last edited:

centerline

if there isnt any distinguishing features on your RV, then its just another rv similar to all the rest on the market... and as it sets there, priced at you would LIKE to get for it, its just getting older, more weathered and less valuable every day... so a lower price may be the only incentive to help it sell, as it can be the "distinguishing feature" that allows your trailer to beat out all the competition.....

there are many "distinguishing features" that can hinder a sale as well... such as most shoddy/poor quality/ugly DIY work done to it, and so even if the rv is equipped with what may be a desirable feature, if its ugly or installed shoddy, it will hurt the sales price...

there are far too many people who put a high price on what they want to sell, and still end up taking a much lower price after all the time and stress of waiting and trying to maximize their sale price...

BUT, just like YOU, everyone else likes fair and affordable prices too, so when one decides its time to let the item go, price it right, price it to SELL, and move on to what you want next..... especially in a flooded market.

NewHopians

We traded our 2017 Bighorn 40 footer 5vr for a 2023 Bighorn 3215 and could not find any one in this area that didn’t want to low ball us. Best place we found was dealer T&S RV Sports in Navasota Texas. It was a drive but worth it. Got what we asked for the trade and great people to deal with.

Thank you
Terry
We traded our 2017 Bighorn 40 footer 5vr for a 2023 Bighorn 3215 and could not find any one in this area that didn’t want to low ball us. Best place we found was dealer T&S RV Sports in Navasota Texas. It was a drive but worth it. Got what we asked for the trade and great people to deal with.