Cyclone - Water Heater Prob Fixed

tterryo

How do you adjust the temperature on the heater. It is a combo electric/gas, I can not find a dial as in the water heater Manuel shows.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: ATF: Cyclone - Water Heater

I have never seen a water heater in an RV that has the ability to adjust the temperature.
Not saying they don't have em' just saying I have never seen one.

Are you having a problem with the temp?
If so what are you experiencing?

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

The only way to "adjust" a DSI water heater that I know of is to change the Hi-limit thermostat switches on the outside face of it, under the rubber cover. The OEM thermostats are set to open at 130 degrees. You can replace it with a 140 degree one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DocFather

The Atwood that came with my 4100 seems to always be plenty how, with shower hot water right at 125° - Atwood will tell you that changing out to a higher rated thermostat will void your warranty (hear that a lot these days) - but I am never hurting for a hot shower.

danemayer

I think Atwood sells a thermostat that is adjustable and might go as high as 140 degrees (F), but I think it's a retrofit kit. And of course if you have a Suburban water heater, I don't think they have an adjustable thermostat available.

Why are you looking for thermostat adjustment?

tterryo

I solved the problem, had the bypass in wrong position. The Manuel that came with 4100 shows a knob to adjust temp. Maybe they should update manuals .

DocFather

I solved the problem, had the bypass in wrong position. The Manuel that came with 4100 shows a knob to adjust temp. Maybe they should update manuals .

Which manual is that? The correct manual for the 2014 Cyclone 4100 does not show any adjustment to the Atwood water heater.