D seal around slides

MCTalley

I bought a roll on Amazon. Unfortunately, I can't get you a link at the moment because Amazon is not responding.

wdk450

Where can I purchase new D seal that goes around the edge of the slides?

Try doing a Google search on "RV Slide D Seal". You can even get it through Walmart.

BTW, most of us have found that the flat washer used under the screws at the end of the seals still pulls through the seal rubber. I found that small flat mending plates for woodworking give more holding area and don't pull through. They look like this: mending plate.jpg

Pokiejoe

I recently needed a piece for the bedroom slide, went to Camping World in Lubbock and they were more than happy to sell me a piece. When I looked at the bill it was $7.50 per foot which is think is a bit much. But they did have boxes and boxes of it. Go figure..

Bobby A

I ordered mine through a company on line called Makarios RV # 1-765-575-8496 if yours is like mine the description is a D seal for a EKD Base in black, I think it was about 80 bucks for 35 feet. I have used them a few times and all was good. You may find it cheaper if you search.
Hope this helps

Oldelevatorman

I believe they're called a bulb seal. I need a couple replaced when I can get to a dealer. Still under warranty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Where can I purchase new D seal that goes around the edge of the slides?
Funny you ask? Lol just yesterday I asked heartland Parts to give me a quote for 120 feet of d seal as mine have become sticky and worn.
I'll let you know.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Gary521

I have a 2017 Bighorn. Last fall upon returning from a trip, I noticed that the D/BULB seal on top of the two large slides had slid back several inches. The only thing holding them in place was a razor thin application of caulk. Well, obviously that had failed. Fortunately, they still were in good shape. I slid them back, re-caulked them and added a couple screws. Maybe this is something everyone should check.

carl.swoyer

Spoke with Michael Burnett at Heartland customer service. I asked him to contact the MFG company that supplies heartland. Hopefully they will figure out what is going on with our d seals.

I spoke with the Boyd corporation yesterday. The attachment is a guide of the chemicals to avoid in our cleaning products. Apparently there having a chemical reaction to the Boyd E K Systems /d seals. This is from Henry Lace customer service and field application engineer.
He also said that AP Products company has there d seals for sale and cleaning products that are compatible with the chemicals used during the manufacturing of the seals.
The company is, www.approducts.net
This is the only aftermarket company that sells Boyd approved seal conditioners.View attachment 20180307135410220.pdf

carl.swoyer

I spoke with the Boyd corporation yesterday. The attachment is a guide of the chemicals to avoid in our cleaning products. Apparently there having a chemical reaction to the Boyd E K Systems /d seals. This is from Henry Lace customer service and field application engineer.
He also said that AP Products company has there d seals for sale and cleaning products that are compatible with the chemicals used during the manufacturing of the seals.
The company is, www.approducts.net
This is the only aftermarket company that sells Boyd approved seal conditioners.View attachment 56814

Apparently AP PRODUCTS IS WHOLESALE ONLY.
They suggested using Dawn dish soap

RoadJunkie

I lost one set of "D" ring seals on my last rig and have been using 303 on the new rig. We'll see if this UV protectant product will make a long-term difference. Not sure Dawn will protect the seals, it might help keep them flexible, but most likely you will just have the cleanest seals around.

carl.swoyer

I lost one set of "D" ring seals on my last rig and have been using 303 on the new rig. We'll see if this UV protectant product will make a long-term difference. Not sure Dawn will protect the seals, it might help keep them flexible, but most likely you will just have the cleanest seals around.
It's not a uv issue according to Boyd MFG. A chemical reaction from the cleaning products we use with the chemical composition of the seals.