Decisions, Decisions

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
I have been looking at new rigs for a year now and I need to make a decision soon. We sold the house and have moved into our Sundance 3200ES. Wife will retire 9/30 and we will hit the road. I had been drooling over the Landmark Augusta but they quit making them. I have been looking at the Landmark Key Largo, but after going to a dealer today I looked at the BH3610RE, and the 3670RL. I really like the layout of the 3670 as it is close to the Augusta. My question is I need the pros and cons on this unit. We are wanting the level up, 4 door fridge, dual pane windows and mega bath for starters. I also like the full timers warranty. Let me hear your answers.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
If you like the Augusta, then you will definitely like the 3670. We have a close "cousin", the 3600 RL. I've never been fond of a side bath, and when we were looking I definitely didn't like the old style bath with two doors...if they'd had the new bath with the mega shower and no door to the bedroom out of the bath like now...I might have gotten the 3670. The kitchen is awesome, the living room is only a little smaller than ours and now you can put a stack W/D in the 3670...you couldn't in 2008...only took a combo in the closet.

You will be able to order a 3670 with all the things you listed, and more...as long as you weren't wanting fullbody paint, can't see much of a difference in the Landmark Augusta and the 3670. Except maybe the insulation factor...but if you're not staying in extremely cold weather the Bighorn will do just fine.

As for fulltiming...we've been fulltime for over 4 years in our Bighorn...Heartland always honored our warranty, and now they guarantee that in writing...how can you beat it??

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Hey Lee - we just bought the BC 3650RL which is now listed as a full time coach by HL. It's a new floor plan which came out last fall. RVS for Less has a 2011 model (pretty good price) on the lot that you can pull up and look at the floor plans. We ordered the 2012 model cuz of the bathroom. I'm not sure if he's bringing this coach to the TN rally but you and Linda can go thru ours if he doesn't bring this coach. Oh by the way - BC has taken over the number 2 spot in sells according to Bryan at the national rally.

porthole

Retired
If you liked the Key Largo the Big Horn 3685 is brand new and almost identical. The 3685 was at Goshen, fresh off the line

lmcclure

Does anyone know if they wil put the Yetti package in one?
Thanks Nabo we would like to see it. Tell them to bring it to the rally. Do you think that they have any Big Horns on the lot. I would like to see a 3670 in person before the final decision. There is a Key in Chattanooga that I saw yesterday but after looking at the paperwork on the BH I really like it. I am losing my hair over this one,oh wait I was bald before this started, my bad.

Nabo

Yes - they do have a BH 3670 (2011) in stock. I haven't talked to Butch to see when he's bringing the coaches in or which ones but I will call him today cuz I need to know as well. I just know the campsites they will be on. Oh by the way - did I tell you I love my BC 3650???
B--

lmcclure

I just sent then an inquiry on it, with information on my unit. I also put you as a friend. Thank you. I had heard that you loved your new unit.

mntnman

Past Chapter Leader, SC and KY
We just pick up our 3670 last week so far we are very happy with everything.We will not make the rally do to we have to work. Bucth and Karen have been great to work with.

Dale

lmcclure

99.9% sure it will be the BH 3670rl. Now for the DW to like it as much as I do. Might have to make a trip to Knoxville this weekend. Oh well there goes straightening up the storage area

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have a very similar floorplan in the ER 34QSRL. This BigHorn seems to have the "wish-it-had" that we have discovered after using it a year and a half. (bigger bedroom, bigger shower, more counterspace, more bedroom and bath storage). And it's only a foot longer. :cool:

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
The 3670 is a great camper we took delivery of ours in March and love it. I am amazed at how nicely it tows.

Nabo

On your way up to Knoxville, about a mile before you get to exit 81, look to your left and you will see our house. Brick with 2 high peaks. If you look real hard to the right side of the house, you will see our new Big Country. If you want to stop and see it, get off exit 81, turn right onto hwy 321, 1st light turn right, go to end of road & turn right, 1st left and 5th house on right. The BC will be waiting for you.