Directions needed from Phoenix to Albuquerque

SNOKING

The way I'd go is take AZ 87N to AZ 260E to AZ 277N to AZ 377N to AZ 77N to I-40E. I've taken this route pulling our Bighorn to and from Albuquerque many times. All good roads and much less traffic.

That is the Payson route I noted that Microsoft Streets and Trips laid out. Chris

Lynn1130

much less traffic.

Unless you try it on a weekend during the summer.

That is the Payson route I noted that Microsoft Streets and Trips laid out. Chris

Start and/or end your route at, say, 51st Ave and Happy Valley and tell me which route it gives you to Albuquerque.

Last edited:

Az_Ernie

Unless you try it on a weekend during the summer.

Start and/or end your route at, say, 51st Ave and Happy Valley and tell me which route it gives you to Albuquerque.

Bottom line, it all depends on where your Albuquerque trip begins. The Phoenix metro area is huge, if you start your trip in north Phoenix, it doesn't make much sense to take the AZ-87 or AZ-60 routes. I live in the east valley and taking I-17 through Flagstaff wouldn't make much sense for us. On any day of the week and any time of year, I-17 is busy with semi-truck traffic and other traffic heading north towards Flagstaff. FOR ME here lies the problem, the times that I've had to tow our trailer on I-17 to or through Flagstaff, because of heavy passenger car/truck traffic, we would inevitably get stuck behind slow moving semi-trucks climbing the several grades heading north. The two or three times we have had to use I-17, this has been my experience. Again, FOR ME based on past experiences and where I live, AZ-87 is the quickest, safest and less stressful route to Albuquerque.

Lynn1130

Same route, around 101 and out 87. Chris

You might want to recheck your software. I think you have a virus. Mine shows 6 hrs 17 minutes from my location (51st Ave. and Happy Valley) using I-17 since it is 3 miles away from me. Using your route (which I do use to get to Alpine, AZ and the White Mountains) is 7 hr and 50 minutes. Don't confuse Avenues with Streets. A common mistake for those who do not live here or drive the metro area. See AZErnie's comments on driving, living here and getting around the city.