Disc Brake Install

Aandaar

Thanks for info. I want to get these installed at SOCAL rally in October but just not sure i can come up with the cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck, Victoria, and Miss Callie

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
I was going to have Ron do my brakes in Vegas but just checked with a local small rural garage in the area and he will put the Titian kit on for $200 labor....Wow....I think I will order the kit and have him do it....That way I will have disc brakes for my first Rally schedule...Exciting...I think the Titian kit is $1750 complete for the 4 wheel set up.

mlpeloquin

He is willing to work for $200.00/day? The mounting of the disks are just 1/3 of the job. There is a lot of care in installing the break lines and break controller.

Mrsfish

Personally, I would rather have Titan do the work. Might be more expensive, but they will stand behind their work and their reputation on this forum and that sometimes has a real value. Now if you knew the small shop owner personally, that might be a different story.

Doublegranch

I do know him personally and he has done several in the past...also has worked on my NT..
I guess it amounts to how much per hour someone charges remember this is a rural area where I live not the city life!
....I would imagine his labors will do the work and he will do the inspections while it is going on....Titan to my knowledge does not guarantee their vendors work only the parts...so if you go with a titan vendor or someone else, it appears to all be the same...if the parts fail, it is covered.
I will be purchasing the Titan equipment "Kit" and it is not Titan at the Rally's to my knowledge that is doing the work but a vendor...so not sure what the difference would be....would like for Ron to do the work, but also would like to have disc brakes before I head out for my first schedule of 3 begins in mid Sept....I know the labor price will raise eyebrows...but it's the difference of paying $125-$150 per hour or $50...

Titanguy

At $200, I am sure he doesn't know what he is getting into but, When you buy a kit from me, I am always just a phone call away and can walk your mechanic thru any issues that might arise. I still want it done right and will work with anyone to see that happens.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
And that is why I am having Titan disc brakes and upgrading to 8000 lb. axles installed on our Landmark while we in Vegas. That is great customer service there!

Rod
At $200, I am sure he doesn't know what he is getting into but, When you buy a kit from me, I am always just a phone call away and can walk your mechanic thru any issues that might arise. I still want it done right and will work with anyone to see that happens.

Doublegranch

[Ron: Thank you....I will do all my homework before I hit the switch..but he is a great mx...builds hot rods on the side etc. I can't imagine this would be out of his league but who knows...I will go and talk with him again tomorrow and give you a call for the kit. I will take the Sundance for a short trip to test the brakes again but for now, I am not happy with it not even slowing down the RV on setting 10!!!! I have a Colo, AZ and Vegas Rally within one month of each other and want to feel safe! Otherwise I would have you do it as planned.]

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I need you to come to central California and install you kit on a Barret house trailer sometime before the end of this year.
Let me know if you have anyone in this area

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

IronJ

Shoot...I was a ase certified tech (in a previous life) and I wouldn't do a master cylinder swap ,bleed ,and brake pads on a CAR for 200$$ that's less than 4 hrs of cheap shop labor!!....

Either you got a good buddy or he has no idea how long it's gonna take...neither of which puts into question his ability....just saying...

I would pay him (happily I might add) 200$ to do mine...but I have a feeling he won't ever do em that cheap again once he does yours....lord knows I've bid more than a few jobs like that myself!!
.lol

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Doublegranch

Well, you all are opening my eyes and I won't jump in until I am completely satisfied...
I appreciate all the input and will see what my meeting tomorrow will bring...I will make a
post, good, bad or indifferent if he will and can do the job and the exact guaranteed price!!!...

I just know in the past he has saved me a lot of money....MY NT bearing lube at LaMesa was $245 an axle
x two axles....I took a pass and he did the job as I watch for $125. Total price

IronJ

Reality is only he can put a value on HIS time....maybe it's slow and he is bored?...I once had a client trade me 2500$ in bodywork for about 500$ in gym fees/training...he was slow and wanted what I had and I needed what he did....and that was his choice....I let him Bill me whatever he felt was fair. And that was what he asked for??.

Sometimes you just never know what a person needs/wants for their "percieved" time.....

It just usually never works out that way for the consumer!lol

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Titanguy

Jerrod,
My installers will be in California in October. Just let me know where.

Ron
I need you to come to central California and install you kit on a Barret house trailer sometime before the end of this year.
Let me know if you have anyone in this area

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
...I will make a
post, good, bad or indifferent if he will and can do the job and the exact guaranteed price!!!...
It really doesn't matter how the job is done as long as the electrical side of the actuator is hooked up correctly, bearings are packed correctly, brake lines are bled correctly and there are no leaks in the brake lines.
It don't have to look pretty to work.
I did the install on my trailer four years ago and there is no way in he** I would do the job for $200. I spent that much in band aids and Advil. :)

Peace
Dave

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jerrod,
My installers will be in California in October. Just let me know where.

Ron
Ron
They are in Ione CA that's quit a ways from Temecula and mite be to soon.
I'm selling them my GMC 3500 when my new F-350 comes in in October.
Currently there GMC 3500 Duramax has a vacuum pump added to the motor and it has a vacuum over hydraulic DRUM brake system on the trailer. They have swapped that system to 2 or 3 pickups over the years. And parts are becoming none existent these days.
So I told them to have you install your disk brake system and that would solve that problem.
However I think October may be to soon for all of that to happen