Dish Tailgator

Rodbuster

We have the Tailgator portable satellite and use the Dish Pay-as-you-go service.

My question is, we will be traveling to the Canadian Rockies this summer and would like to know if we will be able to receive a signal?

We are happy with the system when we are activated "BUT" dealing with customer service is difficult, to say the least.

Thank you for any information.
Dick

pegmikef

When I bought mine it was specified that it only worked in the 48 contiguous states. That was three years ago, so it may have changed.

Lynn1130

Call DISH and ask. I am sure they can tell you. I have the Tailgator for the trailer and Direct at home. I have not had trouble with either customer service but then who knows.

Gizzy

While staying near Great Falls, MT I remember speaking with a guy who had a Tailgator sitting outside his rig and when asked how well it worked he said normally great, but due to being so far north and with the low angle to get the satellite that it was very difficult and did not work very good.
We are also going to Canada this summer and are hoping we will be able to use it while there. Time will tell.
Maybe we have been lucky, but we have been using Dish Pay-As-Yoy-Go for 3 yrs and have not had any trouble with customer service.

wehavefun

I can't speak about service in the Canadian Rockies, however I have used it in Timmins, Ontario that is quite a ways North.

It was intermittent on the ground, but with a clear view of the southern sky it did work on the roof of the 5th.

The higher you are the better off you will be I think.

TXTiger

Not sure about Canada but have seen posts form some folks camping in Mexico and they were able to get a signal. Maybe you will get lucky?

priorguy

There used to be a "grey" market for US satellites in Canada. Mostly Direc TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk