DISH Traveller, hooking up to Landmark

blacklabbob

Have a brand new 2014 Landmark KL from RVs For Less, and ordered the DISH NETWORK portable Satellite Traveler and receiver. How to connect it to the SAMSUNG TV via the receiver? I know that the coax cable from the portable antenna connects in the compartment to either the main or bedroom TV connection. I want to receive sat TV on the main TV. Above the TV in the compartment where coax cables and 120VAC plugs are, along with the SAMSUNG Blue Ray, are a host of input/output connections. Three are the yellow, white, and red inputs, not, I assume, to be used with the sat. antenna. My question is, which coax do I connect to the DISH receiver input, and how to connect the receiver to the TV? Help is appreciated as I'm not twelve years old anymore and this techy stuff does not come easy.

danemayer

Re: ATF: Landmark - DISH Traveller, hooking up to Landmark

Hi blacklabbob,

In the entertainment center, you'll probably have two coax connectors. One is for satellite. The other is for cable and antenna. The cable and antenna connector is usually hooked up to the TV coax input before leaving the factory. If it weren't connected, you couldn't use cable or antenna. So by process of elimination, it should be the coax connector not currently in use. That connector goes to the input connector on the receiver.

Receivers vary on the output side. some have coax. Some have HDMI. Some may have R/W/Y RCA sets. The best choice is HDMI if it's available on the receiver. While I'm not sure, I think your rig probably has an HDMI connector in the entertainment center, but there's no telling if the other end has a cable going into the TV. You may have to remove the TV to make the HDMI connection. But I would start by assuming it's there and investigate further if necessary.

If the receiver doesn't have HDMI out, you'll have to use whatever it does have. If coax, you'll probably have to buy a Diplexer (similar to a splitter). One side of the diplexer has 2 inputs and the other side has 1 output. The output side goes to the TV using the cable that's already attached to the TV (disconnect it from the wall and connect to the diplexer output). The coax coming from the satellite receiver goes into one of the inputs and a new cable from the antenna/cable connector on the wall goes to the other input.

If the receiver has R/W/Y RCA plugs, you may be able to run a cable from the receiver to the R/W/Y wall connector. If the other end is connected to one of the video inputs on the TV, you'll be ok. If there's no cable, you may need to remove the TV to add one.

One other thing. Before using the trailer's internal coax for the satellite, run coax from the dish through a window directly to the receiver. Once you get satellite working, then start working with the internal wiring.

Most people find satellite setup to be difficult. Don't get discouraged. If you get stuck, take some pictures and ask some more questions.

blacklabbob

Thank you. I'll get the asprin ready for Wed. when the stuff arrives.

Subdrv

Another option is find a dish contract installer get him to stop by for a cold drink with his test equipment two hours later everything works great.

pegmikef

My receiver has an HDMI output and has an input for the antenna coax so I can control both the dish network and antenna stations with a single remote. I only use the antenna lwhen I can't get network broadcast stations from dish.