Does fresh water run through tank?

funntheson

Ok, it's time for the dumb question of the day. I don't believe the water runs through the fresh water tank when you have water hookups. Can someone confirm or deny this please?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
No, Jodi it does not. Missed you 2 at the rally...had a good time even with some rain and hail. We had an overwhelming request to have our fall rally at Pechanga RV resort...again....interested??.... let me know on dates that you might be availiable. Need to start getting things set up. Thanks Bob

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ok, it's time for the dumb question of the day. I don't believe the water runs through the fresh water tank when you have water hookups. Can someone confirm or deny this please?
Now for my silly question. Is there a reason for your question? There have been a few instances in the past where a faulty fresh water pump has allowed fresh water, when hooked up to city or campground water, to back fill into the freshwater tank causing it to overflow out the vents and fill line. I was thinking this may be the reason for your original question.

traveler44

No the "city water" doesn't run through the tank. So you shouldn't have to use the water pump when hooked up to city water. The city water should supply it's own pressure. What pressure there is at the outside spigot should determine how much pressure you get from the inside fixtures. Tom

funntheson

Now for my silly question. Is there a reason for your question? There have been a few instances in the past where a faulty fresh water pump has allowed fresh water, when hooked up to city or campground water, to back fill into the freshwater tank causing it to overflow out the vents and fill line. I was thinking this may be the reason for your original question.

There has been a little water in the Fresh Water tank for a few weeks, and we are getting ready to go out for 7-8 nights. We will have a city water hookup, and I just wanted to assure my wife that the water she is rinsing with is coming through the inline filter, and straight into the unit.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
There has been a little water in the Fresh Water tank for a few weeks, and we are getting ready to go out for 7-8 nights. We will have a city water hookup, and I just wanted to assure my wife that the water she is rinsing with is coming through the inline filter, and straight into the unit.
That's certainly understandable. We filter our water as well. We have found most campgrounds with their own water suppy have pretty hard water though.

funntheson

We had an overwhelming request to have our fall rally at Pechanga RV resort...again....interested??.... let me know on dates that you might be availiable. Need to start getting things set up. Thanks Bob

That's a possibility. If you could narrow it down to a month, I can figure out what might work for us.

Larry