Dometic a/c

MIKEGELLO

Hi
I have a 2014 landmark key largo with dometic high performance 15 btu units. I've already had to change the rear unit once and it appears to be blowing warm again. These units only get used 3 weeks a year. Has any one had this problem? Can they be changed to a different model?
Thanks
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a 2014 Road Warrior and Ive changed both ac units once and now my living room ac is out again. This is so frustrating its not funny. I spent over 80gs on a RV and we shouldnt be having these kinda problems

RoadJunkie

Does your air conditioner ever blow cold air, e.g. When first started, or is the supply air always warm?

MIKEGELLO

Replaced it with blizzard nxt. Direct bolt on and moves much more air as well

Lynn1130

These units only get used 3 weeks a year.

Not sure but this could be part of the problem. I wouldn't think that sitting unused 49 weeks of the year would be that good for an air conditioner.

justafordguy

Not sure but this could be part of the problem. I wouldn't think that sitting unused 49 weeks of the year would be that good for an air conditioner.

Maybe so but mine stays running all year long and I'm on replacement #4 in 2 years.

mlpeloquin

If you live near salt water or high humidity climates, the RV AC's can fail as little as six months. Designed into a customers equipment two RV air conditioners. Froze every six to nine months. We and the customer knew this ahead of time and had planed service replacements every six months. Cheapest solution for the equipment and it's enviromental use. Don't ask where and what for.

MIKEGELLO

Supposedly dometic had a issue with units that were made in a different plant. The tubing fails. Can't wait to replace my front one as its original

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Sorry folks but we have ya'll beat with 6 a/cs on our 2015 Landmark - 2 for the front unit and now 4 on the living room. Everytime Dometic sends a replacement unit, it's only a 13.5k unit instead of the 15k unit. We challenge but gotten nowhere with the company. Even the new Blizzard state 15k but are only 13.5 when ya check the numbers on the unit.

Flooringit

Someone said they put out more air? I read a little about they talk about guieter but the air is was noisy to me. Can’t hear the tv when on.