Dometic AC Freezing Up

avvidclif

I recently sealed the Main AC unit to try and stop it from freezing up. I taped the dividers to keep the air from mixing. As a test I ran the Bedroom AC for several days and it never froze up. Then switched to the garage AC and it did fine. I turned on the main AC and it lasted about a day and it's frozen solid. It has been operating with the fan on Auto. Once it thaws out I will try the fan on high and see if it helps. The other 2 not freezing up bothers me though. The humidity should have been low as the tests were run back to back, turn off one turn on the next.

Any ideas?

Lou_and_Bette

My bedroom a/c did the same thing. Found the anti-freeze sensor had fallen out of the cooling fins. Look for a small straight probe with a flattened end and replace in the lower right corner of the fins about 1/3 up from the bottom. Mine was on the inside but some are installed under the shroud on the root. You may have dislodged it when you were taping.

avvidclif

Which side is it on, the air in or air out?

I was taping because it froze up and then water was not draining correctly. I got that fixed, the drain problem but it's still freezing. I'll start looking for the sensor. The other 2 are identical unit and don't freeze. Grrrr

Lou_and_Bette

The probe on mine is on the "air in" side It looks like a thick wire with a hard, thin part on the end of the wire with a smashed flat end that goes between the fins. Look for a wire that is unattached on one end in the maze of wires.

avvidclif

Re: Dometic AC Freezing Up FIXED

AHA, that was it. Floating around in the mass of wires. Now to get it back in place.

BIG THANKS to all. :D