dometic remote comfort control

I have the old remote with the receiver mounted on the wall with a red and green led light. need to update anyone have any info. thanks Pete

jbeletti

Pete,

Is this the Dometic air unit that came with the "I-Feel" remote? Do you know or can you find the paperwork on the model number for the AC unit.

I'm pretty sure there are conversion kits to convert your control system to a more traditional and current control system.

That said, it may cost you $300 or more. With your unit being nearly 14 years old, you might be better off buying a new AC unit that comes with the updated control system.

The newest control systems use a 3 conductor wire - so you might get lucky and not have to run a new wire to a wall thermostat.

jbeletti

Well, more Googling shows the "I FEEL" remote was by RVP (now an AirExcel company) for use with a Coleman Mach air conditioner. Does that make sense on your end?

My sense is that the remote was an add-on product by the OEM. If you can find the receiver for it, you could likely remove it from the system.

Here's a link to a manual for discusses the "I FEEL" mode of that remote:
http://old.rvcomfort.com/rvp/pdf_documents/1976405.pdf

Here's possibly an installation manual for the Coleman Mach air conditioner unit with the IR controller.
http://www.rvcomfort.com/pdf_documents/1976403.pdf

Coleman contact number: (316) 832-3400

Last edited:
Pete,

Is this the Dometic air unit that came with the "I-Feel" remote? Do you know or can you find the paperwork on the model number for the AC unit.

I'm pretty sure there are conversion kits to convert your control system to a more traditional and current control system.

That said, it may cost you $300 or more. With your unit being nearly 14 years old, you might be better off buying a new AC unit that comes with the updated control system.

The newest control systems use a 3 conductor wire - so you might get lucky and not have to run a new wire to a wall thermostat.
Jim Thanks for the response. I am quite sure there is a conversion I was hoping someone that had done it would have Dometic part numbers. Replaced the roof top unit about 5 years ago. Thanks for your help. Merry Christmas Pete

jbeletti

Hi Pete - Merry Christmas to you and Mary!

When you replaced the original Dometic unit, did you replace it with another Dometic unit? Can you find the paperwork that may indicate the Dometic p/n?

From there, it’s possible that others on the forum can give you some direction.

Any conversion would likely involve swapping out the control unit in the rooftop unit and installing a replacement wall thermostat.

Will you be doing this work yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi Pete - Merry Christmas to you and Mary!

When you replaced the original Dometic unit, did you replace it with another Dometic unit? Can you find the paperwork that may indicate the Dometic p/n?

From there, it’s possible that others on the forum can give you some direction.

Any conversion would likely involve swapping out the control unit in the rooftop unit and installing a replacement wall thermostat.

Will you be doing this work yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jim Thanks for your help and concerns. I contacted Dometic this morn and they were very helpful. Gave me numbers I needed Thanks again hope to see you at the show.
Pete

jbeletti

Jim Thanks for your help and concerns. I contacted Dometic this morn and they were very helpful. Gave me numbers I needed Thanks again hope to see you at the show.
Pete

That's great news Pete!

Sadly, I won't be in Tampa this year, but we'll have a huge club presence as always. This year it will be led by our Florida Chapter Leaders, Walter and Linda West. Stop by to say hi to the team. Landmark will be outdoors this year and Bighorn will be indoors.