Dual Pane Windows ?

wildwolfproducts

How many ordered there BigHorn with the Dual Pane Window Option? Was it worth the extra cash? We camp more in cold weather the hot weather. But then again in a few years will be using it for both hot and cold temps. If we go with the BigHorn 3010RL we will be adding the extra AC in the bed room and the Yetti Extreme Weather Pkg. But then again if we go with the Landmark Key Largo we will go with these items also.
But just checking on the ones that have the window upgrade and how they like them?

Pete

branson4020

Icantre Member
I would personally never have another coach without dual pane windows. No condensation problems in cold weather and they make the coach much quieter.

davebennington

I agree we have had our since 2005 with dual pane windows, they are great as Bob said they make the coach quieter, no condensation in cold weather and seems to help in the summer.

dave

Birchwood

We are full timers and our LM has dual panes.No condensation in cold weather and no fogging inside the panes so far.
We have had a few trailers without dual panes and condensation on the inside was always a problem.Wiping water
constantly from the windows is not a nice job

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We agree. Our current coach is our 1st experience with dual panes & we'll never have another one without dual.

ILH

We just picked up our new Road Warrior with dual pane windows. Our first weekend out had some cool nights - it was a delight not to have condensation. Our prior trailer was awful during cold weather.

I can't speak to the issue of noise, but I sure hope it helps.

danemayer

We've got them in our Landmark and have been in 108 degree Utah and -30 degree Colorado. Love those dual panes.

convert

Reginald Hromek
Ordered our 2011 Bighorn With dual panes. Never had them before, cooler in the summer , warmer in the winter and no condensation. Might also consider slide topper awnings. Keeps the rig much cooler in the summer heat by creating an air flo under the awning above the slide. Keeps the direct sun off the slide. Never be w/o either again. Just my thoughts.

Westwind

Don't have the Dual Pane windows, but don't camp in the cold - so my comment would be on the AC - we had a Penquin Low profile installed and it's very very noisy. If I had it to do over again I would have looked into them more. It was installed in the bedroom vent so it directs the air into the bedroom from the unit and that's why their is so much noise - I think.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Another vote for the dual pane windows. We ordered ours as an added option. Yeti package wasn't available way back then. ;)

RuralPastor

I have to fully agree. We camp in the summer and winter. Dual pane windows work great in both. The yeti for the winter and the 2nd AC for the summer, Perfect.
Peter, does your NT have dual pane windows? I didn't even know those were an option on NT's. Hmmmm.....

rjr6150

Our first coach with the dual pane would never have another one without. Didn't know what we had been missing.