DURA Tires on my 2010 North Trail BHS

Hello everyone - does anyone have any history with DURA tires? It seems as though my set of 4 tires with less than 2000 miles on them are all cracked on their sidewalls. I do not overload and the unit is stored on level gravel.

After contacting the manufacturer in Georgia, they don't seem to want to do anything but that has not yet run its course. This is my first camper-related attempt at any repair/replacement. Can anyone comment on their tire replacement experiences? Thanks much!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Davewrobel and welcome to finally making a post here on the forum. I see that you have been here a few years.
I recall reading about some problems with the Duro tires some time back.
Please read THIS THREAD. There may be some information that could help you.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

Hello Dave Wrobel, my Chicago area friend :). Awesome to see your first post here.

For those trying to help Dave, he also needs recommendations on a replacement tire brand that should perform well on his NT.

Thanks,

Jim

TeJay

Dave,
All tires have a manufacturers date stamped on the side wall. Do a search on the net which should explain what to look for. It is also standard industry practice to replace tires after they are 7-8 years old even if there is a lot of tread remaining. Tires just don't last very long after that. If you overload old tires as we tend to do with TT's you're asking for trouble. There is no guarantee that those tires were new enough when you bought the trailer. Usually tires will begin to crack after 3-4 years of exposure to UV rays. If those tires are relatively new the company should do something about it. In most cases there is a lag time been the manufacturer date and delivery date to the dealer. Tires made last year are common on new trailers. If they were 2-4 years old when you got the trailer then they should do something about replacing them. As was reported on the thread. Don't waste your $$$ by replacing them with the same brand get something better and get a radial tire not a bias ply design.
TeJay

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Save youself the aggravation and replace the tires. Also consider upgrading to a higher load rating.
Maxxis makes a quality tire at a decent price for the lighter to mid weight Rv's. LINK

wrgrs50s

Do check out the Maxxis! I have read many positive reviews and have ran Maxxis on my previous RV for over 5yrs before replacing. I recently purchased a 2012 Sundance XLT and immediately had a Power King Tow Max tire seperate. I went straight to my tire guy and ordered all new Maxxis. It's always a good idea to upgrade to the next higher rated tire also, in my case from a D to an E rating. This will increase the load capacity for each tire and reduce the possibility of failure somewhat.

kejdcj

I followed the link to the MAXXIS. The chart says it has a 6.5" rim. My BH is equipped with a 6" rim. Will these tires work on my trailer? My unit was manufactured in 2010 and has a 33" spread between hubs. Is it possible to put LT235/85R16 on the unit? The tire is 31.6" in diameter. This would leave about 2" separation between the front and back tire. Is that enough? Should I stick with the ST235/80R16 which have a diameter of 30.4"? Help!

GOTTOYS

Duro tires aren't worth the expense to install them. Another "Delivery and Display" the manufacturers must get pretty cheap. Either Maxxis or any number of 235/85/16 LT tires will work just fine....Don

Snapper

I had these tires on 2010 28 BHS Nortyh Trail and had issues with major cracks between the tread. i called DURO about the issue. they reviewed my complaint and offered to sell me new tires. there price was full price and I did not want to replace the tires I had for the same ones that caused me so many problems. They were not willing to credit me any money back. So I filed a complaint with the National Transportation Safety board in Washington DC. The process took forever and I eventually purchased a new set of Carlisle radial tires because I thought the DURO tires were unsafe.

Hello everyone - does anyone have any history with DURA tires? It seems as though my set of 4 tires with less than 2000 miles on them are all cracked on their sidewalls. I do not overload and the unit is stored on level gravel.

After contacting the manufacturer in Georgia, they don't seem to want to do anything but that has not yet run its course. This is my first camper-related attempt at any repair/replacement. Can anyone comment on their tire replacement experiences? Thanks much!

Swinborn

I had them on our 2008 Cougar and had the same problems. Got rid of them as the tire folks wouldn't make any kind of fair adjustments, so I bought a set of Maxxis ST tires and had no problems with them.