Electric awning issue

Hey there everyone, I'm a proud new owner of a 2017 heartland mallard m32 and today when I went to retract my electric awning it blew the fuse. Several actually.... Two questions is there a way to manually close the awning and what would cause a fuse to blow when retracting only? I did get the awning back in by switching the wires on the motor and hitting the out to bring it back in but when I still hit the in button I'm blowing fuses. Anyone have any causes as to what may be causing this?

Power247

Hey there everyone, I'm a proud new owner of a 2017 heartland mallard m32 and today when I went to retract my electric awning it blew the fuse. Several actually.... Two questions is there a way to manually close the awning and what would cause a fuse to blow when retracting only? I did get the awning back in by switching the wires on the motor and hitting the out to bring it back in but when I still hit the in button I'm blowing fuses. Anyone have any causes as to what may be causing this?
Hitting 'in' on the switch blows the fuse and hitting 'out' on the switch works fine regardless of how motor is wired. Motor sounds like it's ok. So likely​ a short in the wire connected to the 'in' side of the switch or in the switch itself. I'd pull the switch and make sure everything looks as it should. Then start troubleshooting out from there.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310