Electronic /Keyless Door Locks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
One thing that I like in particular about the other brand is the remote key fob. I use it all the time.
You missed a really good rally special last month. [LINK]
You might want to give them a call and do a little begging.

Peace
Dave

Lynn1130

Dave,
You answered my question with the info on the special. I went to the web site and after entering the special code found that it was still running so I ordered two. Thanks for the info. I liked the look of their locks but did not want to pay $500 for two. This worked out well.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I installed ours a few weeks ago an we Love it. you should be able to program both lock to the same key fob, so when you push the button both doors will unlock at the same time. Nice feature if it works. If you got the heartland deal I think you'll end up with 4 fobs. Now I need to find some for the cargo bay doors. :)
Key Fob.jpgKey fob door lock.jpg

osims

bsims
When I saw this post I went to the web site and ordered one also using the special code, I thought I was to late to take advantage of the special offer.

Crumgater

We put in the same version in the OP's link on Amazon. Went in pretty easy and works great - other than you have to redo everything when the batteries die (which appears may be an annual thing). LOVE the keyless entry, even if we don't have a fob! :)

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
dose RV lock let out a large peep when locking it, to let you krow if he door has locked? I have bought one but waiting for our new Bighorn to arrive to install it

pegmikef

yes, like a little chime on locking and unlocking. If you are close to the door and it is somewhat quiet out you can usually hear the lock turning too.

Lynn1130

As to reprogramming each time, I am not sure if this will work with this unit but what I do with electronics when I replace batteries is replace one at a time. For instance if the item has four batteries I replace each with a new battery one at a time, if that makes sense. It works with some items and does not with others. Basically you are not removing the entire voltage from the item and sometimes they hold their memory during that type of change.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
As to reprogramming each time, I am not sure if this will work with this unit but what I do with electronics when I replace batteries is replace one at a time. For instance if the item has four batteries I replace each with a new battery one at a time, if that makes sense. It works with some items and does not with others. Basically you are not removing the entire voltage from the item and sometimes they hold their memory during that type of change.

On the RVlock V4.0 (integrated keypad) the lock will hold its programming while changing batteries so it is unnecessary to change out one battery at a time. Just remove all the batteries and then install the new ones. I don't know how long it will keep the programming but I have not had problems with having them out for a long period of time. I had the lock off and the batteries removed for storage for a couple of months and when the fresh new batteries were installed, I did not need to reprogram the lock or the fobs.

Lynn1130

Yeah, that would be about the only way it would hold memory, short of an internal lithium battery.

sjandbj

I ordered the RV Lock 4 days ago and installed it today. This lock was easy to install and works well. The Heartland special was just what it took to make the decision to pull the trigger now. I am so glad I did this.

Steve

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
RV Locks are awesome! In fact Jim Beletti just got done personally installing 3 of them in HOC members coaches (2 at the Washington Rally and 1 at the Oregon Rally. 3 more very happy RV Lock customers!! And their customer service ROCKS!!!

Rod

avvidclif

What happened to 9/0? My wife couldn't get the code she wanted because of that, oh well.... Works well and easy to program, once she figured out what she wanted.