EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: FL, Eustis - 3/21/2014 to 3/23/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Hi Linda
We have been able to arrange our schedule to arrive on Sunday March 16th and will be leaving on March 24th. We will attend the St Patty's dinner. What can we make? Also for the pot luck we were thinking about deep frying a turkey. Let me knows if that works. Looking forward to seeing you again. Thanks.

Alina and John
Hi Alina and John, so glad you can make it for the whole week, as far as ST.Patty,s anything you want to bring,bread,dessert is fine and the fried turkey sounds scrumptious
Linda

JJnVA

Linda &Walter,
What a great week you are putting together! Plan on us bringing dessert for St. Paddy's Day dinner, coleslaw for fish fry, salads for Friday and Saturday night dinners. Really looking forward to this week and warmer weather! See you soon...

lindaw

Hi Everyone,
Just a reminder that we have a couple of sites left for the florida rally and we're really going to have a lot of fun, so make the call and reserve a site. Hope to
see you there.
Walter and Linda

kimdot

Linda,

I can bring a broccoli cole slaw for Wednesday night, Shepherds pie for Friday night and a pineapple pie for Saturday night.

RB2012

Linda, I will bring Sheboygan Baked Beans to the fish fry. Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Bonnie

Bob Vaughn

We just called and added 3 additional days for the Rally. We will arrive on Monday after noon. Sue will bring Green Stuff for the Pattys day potluck.....

lindaw

We just called and added 3 additional days for the Rally. We will arrive on Monday after noon. Sue will bring Green Stuff for the Pattys day potluck.....
Great we are just going to rally for a whole week.
Linda

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Sounds like the FL Rally is going to be a huge blast of fun. Wish we could be there. Enjoy everyone.

lindaw

Sounds like the FL Rally is going to be a huge blast of fun. Wish we could be there. Enjoy everyone.
We got a lot of things planned, good food and more food and lots of fun and a lifetime of memories. Wish you could be there but will see you in Tenn. Hopefully with the new Key Largo.
Linda

Jim Posz

We just wanted folks to know that we have changed our reservation to arrive on Tuesday rather than Friday. We will probably be involved with the fish fry on Wednesday unless we decide to go to Universal Studios on that day. Looking forward to seeing all of you.
JIm and Betty Posz

oldmannj

Linda, I will bring Sheboygan Baked Beans to the fish fry. Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Bonnie
OK.....you piqued my interest!!!! Sheboygan baked beans???? Do tell, and possibly follow up with a recipe!!! Thanks. ED.:angel:

lindaw

We just wanted folks to know that we have changed our reservation to arrive on Tuesday rather than Friday. We will probably be involved with the fish fry on Wednesday unless we decide to go to Universal Studios on that day. Looking forward to seeing all of you.
JIm and Betty Posz
Jim and Betty looking forward to meeting you.
Linda

RB2012

OK.....you piqued my interest!!!! Sheboygan baked beans???? Do tell, and possibly follow up with a recipe!!! Thanks. ED.:angel:

Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee (not an original)

4 slices bacon - 1 med. red onion chopped - 1/4c worcestershire sauce - 1/4c ketchup - 1/4c spicy brown mustard - 3tbsp brown sugar - 2 (28-ounce) cans bake beans
and last 1 (12 ounce) bottle root beer soda

Cook bacon - rmove and chop - add onion to bacon fat and cook until soft. Add all ingredients - bring to boil - simmer up to 1 hour or cook in crock pot 2 - 2 1/2 hours

Just a different twist to bake beans.

JJnVA

This may show up 3 times...not sure what happened to 2 previous posts.

Linda says to come on down to The Pines Rec hall at the end of Elks Lane at 6:00 tonight for St. patricks Day dinner!

dix36

Well............Linda and Walter are hosting a great rally so far............can't wait to see what they pull out of the hat next? The red snapper, (Walter said the fun part was "catching" the fish) hush puppies and key lime pie they offered last night was way ahead of what's in first place!!!!! And, we're just pre-rallying????? Their T-shirt design is the best one I've gotten yet. Thanks to the Wests!!!

Bob Vaughn

I normally do not like fried fish but Walts was really good. The Key lime pie was awesome......So much for my diet....

JJnVA

Huge kudos to Walter and Linda for a fantastic PRE-rally! And people want to know why we drive from Virginia to florida for a rally.....this is our third in 3 years! The Floridians know how to hold a rally for sure and take care of the attendees.

And then there was the awesome Georgia rally that we participated in on the way here, great job, Randy and Santha. I should have said that Heartlanders know how to rally and the chapter leaders are the best! THANK YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.