EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: Quartzsite AZ, Brenda / Salome - 1/21/2015 to 1/25/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrsfish

OK will be glad to help if the stars align for the balloon festival. Won't have to drive to far as well.[Well in that case tell Ginger she can owe me a plate of brownies....Let me know aprox what the charges per night are and the RV Resort you recommend...If it works out, I will drive up and spend the night and check it out, maybe by that time you can have a drink...]

If you want company, Rick and I would love to go

Kosanko

Garry,

Let us know as well we could probably do a three day week end and the girls have spring break Mar 9 thru Mar 20, so one of those weekends would work for us

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Just got back to Denver about two hours ago . . . 9 1/2 hours from Albuquerque to Denver!

Of course, 12 hours from Quartzsite to Albuquerque yesterday.

And no more issues with the trailer, except I lost the flap door of my LP tank cover somewhere between Albuquerque and Las Vegas, NM . . . DOH!

We've been looking forward to this trip for so long that I can't believe it is already over. :(

Again, we had a blast and can't wait for the next one in Arizona that we can attend . . . probably Tucson.

Also, Cathy wanted me to put out a big Thank You to those who bought some of her crafts.

Tomorrow . . . back to reality . . . that four letter word . . . WORK! :mad:

chiefaret

Just got back to Denver about two hours ago . . . 9 1/2 hours from Albuquerque to Denver!

Of course, 12 hours from Quartzsite to Albuquerque yesterday.

And no more issues with the trailer, except I lost the flap door of my LP tank cover somewhere between Albuquerque and Las Vegas, NM . . . DOH!

We've been looking forward to this trip for so long that I can't believe it is already over. :(

Again, we had a blast and can't wait for the next one in Arizona that we can attend . . . probably Tucson.

Also, Cathy wanted me to put out a big Thank You to those who bought some of her crafts.

Tomorrow . . . back to reality . . . that four letter word . . . WORK! :mad:

Glad you are back safe. See you again

BandK

Hi Garry,
OUTSTANDING! The rally was! Thank you for hosting and all of the hard work you and everyone else did getting the potluck together and the rest of the activities. Kathy and I had a great time and are looking forward to another.
Thank you very much, See you soon,

sandrattt

Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AZ, Brenda / Salome - 1/21/2015 to 1/25/2015

Thanks Gary and everyone else who contributed to this fun event. It was good to see some familiar faces and meet some new people too. We'll see you at the next one for sure.
Tom and Holly Celmer

8amps

Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AZ, Brenda / Salome - 1/21/2015 to 1/25/2015

Hi All, Just wanted to say we had a great time. Thanks for making the Colorado contingent feel welcome! So glad to have been part of it. What a well organized and fun event! Well done Garry and the RAT PACK. :) Extra shout out for the help on the day we left ... couldn't get one of our landing gear to raise ... ended up having it replaced in Quartzsite... Mary & Phil

JohnD

Hi All, Just wanted to say we had a great time. Thanks for making the Colorado contingent feel welcome! So glad to have been part of it. What a well organized and fun event! Well done Garry and the RAT PACK. :) Extra shout out for the help on the day we left ... couldn't get one of our landing gear to raise ... ended up having it replaced in Quartzsite... Mary & Phil

Plus, thank you guys (Mary & Phil) for offering up space in your Bighorn for us if we needed it while our trailer was being repaired in Phoenix!

And I second what you said about making those of us from Colorado welcome and a part of the Arizona Chapter!

And thank you Garry & Dakota and all of the other Arizona chapter members for making us one of the Arizona HOC family!

While we can't make all of the future Arizona events, you can bet that you will see us at many of the future Arizona Chapter campouts and rallies as we now are part of the Arizona HOC family!!!

But since we are so close, we hope to see many of you come up to some of our Colorado HOC events!

We have a great bunch here as well, so I know that you'll love the Colorado HOC . . .

And the Colorado Rockies . . . ain't nothing like them!

I know we'll see Garry up here, since we still need to deal with those RV socks . . . :eek:

Love you guys . . . all of you! :rolleyes: :eek: :cool:

Truck&CamperAtGasStationSmall.jpg

On our way to the Quartzsite Rally

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
A BIG Thank You for all the wonderful postings! It makes my heart sing to know everyone had such a super time..
I have been busy posting and coordinating our next 3 Meet n Greets and two Rally's, but I have hundreds of Pictures to post.
Once I get a little more settled, I will create a thread called "Arizona Chapter Pictures" This will contain pictures from all our events
Not sure how it will all work, as I have not posted pictures in the past and if there is a limit on what we can post. I will give it a good
old college try and if need help, will call on you guys who do this kind of thing on a regular basis....
Safe Travels to everyone and please continue to check out our postings and events.....
And to John D, yes you can bet those socks are returning to the Colo Chapter.. and in the new condition in which I won them....

Doublegranch

June:

Welcome to the 21st Century and your new smart phone....I am happy Terry no longer is keeping you tied up and using Morse code...Just joking...
Thanks for your comments.....Can't wait to see you guys down for the Ranch BBQ.....

JohnD

I am still in tears that this rally is over . . . :eek:

We had a blast, even though we missed half of the rally due to our unexpected mechanical failures in Phoenix!!

Can't wait to see y'all in Tucson next February (2016) as WE WILL be there!

We do have two Colorado HOC events planned this year in case any of you want to come on up . . . and we do have a great bunch of folks here, as Garry & Dakota can attest to (she's met some of our cats)!

Plus, we also have our regularly scheduled July 4th. Weekend Campout (just us and some of our cats, family members and friends) planned if anyone wants to come on up and join us for that (St. Vrain State Park at I-25 and HWY 119 at the Longmont exit, about 30 miles north of Denver) . . .

Let me know soon and I'll reserve spaces for you . . .

Here are some shots I took at that state park campground:

CamperJacks-IMG_0507.jpg StVrainStatePark2014-IMG_2494.jpg StVrainStateParkSunset-IMG_2557.jpg CamperSlideOutJacks-IMG_0510.jpg

Mrsfish

Hey John- rick and I will be in Breckinridge over the 4th (week before and week after). Maybe we can meet up with you! Are you hearing this Garry?

Doublegranch

Hey...yes I hear it....Called my Sis and told her I was stopping off on the way back from Goshen....So lets see what the timing is for all our getting together....I wasn't planning on being gone from the National Rally util 4th of JUly.....that is a long time away, without someone watching the Ranch....but I will give it a good look...

JohnD

It was good talking to you on the phone last night, Garry!

I'll be booking our usual July 4th. Weekend spot at St. Vrain State Park near Longmont, Colorado sometime this week.

We usually book there as it is close enough that Cathy can still go to work as she can't take any time off in July (end of fiscal year and all that stuff).

bjwright

Bob & Dorothy
Gary, Bob and I want to thank you for making us feel so
welcome at Quartsite rally, we had a good time, you
did a good job hope someday we can attend another one thanks.
Bob /Dorothy Wright

JohnD

I know I mentioned earlier that I lost the flap lip to our LP tank flip cover lid on the way way home from the 2015 Quartzsite Rally, so I thought I'd let you know on the replacement outcome.

I went to the local Camping World, and all they could do was sell me a complete replacement LP Tank Cover ($35) and in stock!

However, they did give me the name name of a local LP gas and tank accessory reseller that could sell me the flap lid cover . . .

Great!

They could special order the flap-lid cover for $35 plus shipping ($10 = $45 total), when I could buy the whole tank cover at Camping World for $35 and it was in stock right now . . .

However, I did a Google search for the LP Tank Cover Lid, and found it at all places . . . Walmart.com!

For $10.01 with free shipping to my neighborhood Walmart Store!

Mine is to arrive on Tuesday for free pickup!

Just thought I'd let you all know . . .

Here is a link if anyone needs one of theses . . .

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-Cap...edirectid=14227715340576251533310040301008005

By the by . . . if you need one, I lost mine on I-25 northbound between Albuquerque and Las Vegas, NM about two weeks ago, so your welcome if you find it! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.