Exterior Window Treatment used on DRV

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I was wondering about the window cleaners with the (factory) tinted windows on our Bighorn. Anyone know if windex is no no?
I got a special cloth to use with water, but would like to know the answer.

If your tint is built into the glass windex will work. If your tint is an exterior film, soapy water. That's the word from the fella that tinted the glass in our rig.

BigGuy82

I was wondering about the window cleaners with the (factory) tinted windows on our Bighorn. Anyone know if windex is no no?
I got a special cloth to use with water, but would like to know the answer.

Windex is great for windows. Plastic - not so much. I found this out the hard way when I scratched an brand new, expensive turntable cover. (for those of you too young to know this, a turntable is a device used to turn records - vinyl discs - that contained analog music):rolleyes: It does scratch plastic, so yes it would scratch applied aftermarket tints (the tint on factory windows is internal, so no problem).

farside291

Not sure where I got the $4,000 price, I just looked at the Agusta site, my bad...still $2300 is a lot for something that may fade. Originally I liked them but after reading what others think and the point about them fading I think I would go with the tinted windows. They sure look nice though when new.

BigGuy82

Not sure where I got the $4,000 price, I just looked at the Agusta site, my bad...still $2300 is a lot for something that may fade. Originally I liked them but after reading what others think and the point about them fading I think I would go with the tinted windows. They sure look nice though when new.

They may have improved the UV stability over the years, so I would see if there is any sort of fade guarantee (I doubt it though). I'm guessing that washing with a mild detergent and using a soft cloth to dry would eliminate the scratching issue. That said though, 2+ grand is a lot of dough.

jjwink

Judy (jjwink) - do you have more information on the slow-rise shades? Haven't heard of them before.
Google Slow Rise. You can see who your local dealer is. There is a lady here in Phoenix who comes to you to measure, orders them, installs and gets rid of old blinds. Several coach manufacturers have started using them so it has caused her a problem. I think there is a dealer in Nashville.