Fabric hanging, wiring & flooring exposed

FredA

"Tent fabric" between chassis and plating across entire front of my new Pioneer hangs down, flaps while driving---some holes appear worn into fabric revealing wires & floor OSB. Is this normal? Am thinking water can easily get in during rain while driving!Brand new RB220 from camping world 6 days ago.

justafordguy

I had a 2013 Pioneer before my Gateway and the material under the bottom was tight, so no that is not normal, you need to take it back to the dealer and have them fix it.

FredA

Images of fabric

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 115

FredA

Obvious that no dealer inspection was done---and we would not have noticed it without running hands/fingers underneath😞

danemayer

You might have a discussion with the dealer about what work was done on the trailer before you took delivery. When the factory puts on the coroplast underbelly cover, it looks quite different.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
You might have a discussion with the dealer about what work was done on the trailer before you took delivery. When the factory puts on the coroplast underbelly cover, it looks quite different.

I am not sure the Pioneer line comes with the enclosed underbelly (I.e., with corrugated plastic sheet running the entire frame). It is a line of TT exclusively sold at Camping World. Call Heartland direct if you want to find out what "should" it look like. Many have found Camping World's service after the sale to be difficult and cumbersome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If you are handy with hand tools you might be able to put some more screws in it with washers. It could save a trip to the dealer. But it should not be that way.

FredA

Took it in to Camping World and they couldn't do anything without first contacting Heartland (that took two hours). We were there six and a half hours....and when we got home discovered they had kept our wheel chocks, and the fabric still had a hole in it that I hadn't noticed! 😂

brianlajoie

In your third picture, I noticed that the coroplast has a gap in it on the forward facing side. Big enough for water and critters to get in. I would see if there is a way to narrow the gap.

FredA

Re: Fabric hanging, wiring & flooring exposed

90 miles from the CW.....two hour tow 😅

- - - Updated - - -

I pointed that out to them and they added ONE screw in, and daid it didn't matter, rain woukdnt get in.

buddyboy

Oh, my. I'd get Heartland to the party. You should call Heartland yourself on Monday and tell them what is going on. Have your VIN# handy. Ask who close to you you can take it to. Also call the manager at CW and tell them your wheel chicks weren't returned to you and you need them sent.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

Fred, as I stated in your other thread. CALL HL 1st.

FredA

Wife and I are beginning to wonder if our unit was a demo or 'used'.

E.g. Most 12v ceiling fixture bulbs are blackened as if having been turned on for hours and hours...

danemayer

Wife and I are beginning to wonder if our unit was a demo or 'used'.

E.g. Most 12v ceiling fixture bulbs are blackened as if having been turned on for hours and hours...

Did you buy from dealer inventory? If you ordered it, was it sitting at the dealer for more than a few days?

They may have used the trailer at a show or had an open house.

FredA

Dealer inventory....possibly for a local trade show. Other issues (bulge, exterior scratches, etc) we decided just to wait till we bring it in for the "90 day" checkup"...as the CW dealer told us to 'wait and make note of all issues and bring in for warranty work all at once rather than drive 90 miles every-time-an-issue-comes-up'.....

danemayer

Dealer inventory....possibly for a local trade show. Other issues (bulge, exterior scratches, etc) we decided just to wait till we bring it in for the "90 day" checkup"...as the CW dealer told us to 'wait and make note of all issues and bring in for warranty work all at once rather than drive 90 miles every-time-an-issue-comes-up'.....

Dealers are supposed to handle minor cosmetic issues as part of their pre-delivery activity. And of course if they have people running through the trailer, any resultant issues are not factory defects, so Heartland doesn't pay for those repairs. Things like caulking have a 90 day clock, after which it's your responsibility.

All that to say that you might want to go back just before the 90 day mark.