Fine....A.....Lee

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We finally hit the road for Texas. I hate winter. Anyway, before we were able to leave I had to remove a little snow from the roof. I figured that the weight of the snow was over 2,000 pounds.
uploadfromtaptalk1357140490472.jpg
So we pull into Marion, IL last night and I meet up with my bro and sil only to find put they had a bit of a problem.
They lost a spring hanger bolt. This caused the tires to rub, smoke and in general destroyed.
So I think today well be spent looking for parts and tires.uploadfromtaptalk1357140826949.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1357140902287.jpg
Happy New Year!

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jbeletti

Congrats on hitting the road!

Sorry to hear about Reg and Nancy's coach issue. Never seen a bolt go missing like that. Did he have someone install greasable bolts at some point? In any event, looks like someone didn't torque their bolts/nuts.

I'm guessing your the one getting on your back and going under Reg's rig? :)

olcoon

Nothing like starting out on a bad note! Hope you guys get things worked out & get to the warmer weather soon!

dfk009

Cookie, I wish I knew you were in the area. Was just at Marion a hour ago. There is a large RV dealer at the little town of Zeigler, that stocks a large amount of parts. I try sending you a PM. Don

GOTTOYS

Hope you and Reg have a safe trip! We're bailing out on the 22nd. I'm packing a set of springs and a wet bolt/equalizer kit. Haven't gotten them installed yet. My thoughts are if breaking down isn't bad enough, finding the parts to fix it are. We're going to explore the Rockport area without the trailer for a couple days and decide if that's the place to be next year so we can reserve early. Be safe...Don

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Dang, if it weren't for bad luck, Reg wouldn't have any. I remember he just had those done not too long ago. Was it Rapids RV doing the work?
Hopefully, once it's repaired, you're both back on the road with an uneventful remainder of the trip. Travel Safe!

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Sorry to hear about all Reg problems but at least he has a great brother to help!! Be safe!!

jnbhobe

Thats an odd one Dave, but I know someone who has experience with that sort of stuff and he's in your area and kinda looks like YOU. Hope you got Reggie fixed up today.

convert

Reginald Hromek
Hey Ray, yes they were installed at rapids rv about a year and a half ago, also retorqued all the bolts before the trip. May just have snapped maybe a weak bolt. Bolt is replaced and new tires ordered, should come in tomorrow then continue the trip

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Just to let every one know what a great forum this is.
I got a PM this afternoon from Dfk009, (Don), who lives in the area, offering help if we needed it.
What a great thing to do.
Thanks Don.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Netem

Hey Cookie, I hope you had some warm clothes with you. You guys be careful on the rest of your trip and hope to see you in Goshen. Our friends left for Texas yesterday, their first time going to Texas they spent winter in Fl last year. Say hey if you see them,black GMC and 3685 Big Horn.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Neil, find out where they are staying. We can look them up.
Email me.

Peace
Dave

loafer

Hey Dave
Lets hope the rest of your trip will go without a hitch.And yes cant think of a better wingman to have along with us on a trip than you my friend.
Stay safe and enjoy Texas when you get there.We are heading to Palm Springs California next week
Bill

traveler44

Wow sounds like you stayed up there until the cheese nearly froze this year. We are at Houston but we will be heading over to San Antonio tomorrow. Mary wants to see some of Texas before we have to make a trip up to Missouri to help our son and his wife move. This will be the first towing since I pulled the safety brake cable pin and did some hard torquing backing in here. I looked at my springs and measured my axles and they don't look too bad. Hope you guys get fixed and out of that cold soon. Tom

happykraut

Dave, just read about your brothers problem. So sorry to hear about it. He definitely is in good hands. Have a safe trip and see you in Texas.