FIXED - HELP, slides are locked!!??

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
We picked up our 3250 2 weeks ago in Michigan. We are BRAND NEW to fifth wheels after 40 years of tenting. We open and closed slides multiple times with no issue. We are now on our FIRST fiver camping trip to beach and after extending slides we noticed that the bottom corner of the living room area slide trim had pulled apart from wall.....you could see behind the slide trim.....looked like something had gotten between trim and "real" wall as we extended the slide at Campground. NEW LESSON FOR FIRST TIMERS!! I have read how important it is to "clear" the way when CLOSING slide.....didn't think much about the extending part!! We did have new "stuff" setting in doorway when we left home so we just got out first lesson at the school of hard knocks! :eek:
Anyhow, (sorry for the novel), it did push the trim back so I thought I would "reclose" & open to make sure everything was aligned........I hit the "retract" switch and
NOTHING happened!!!! NOW WHAT??

jnbhobe

Re: HELP, slides are locked!!??

Lance; Does the pump motor run when you try to close the slides?? If not I would check for a blown circut breaker on the 12V side. There should be a bank of breakers just above the battery some of them are manual reset with a little button on the side of the breaker. thats the first place I would look. Jon

lduguay

Good morning Jon, I checked all breakers and fuses on inside panels. There is a fuse near pump that looks good. I did not see a breaker panel in battery compartment, just the perviously mentioned fuse. Maybe pump is totally gone.... Sticker on side of hydraulic fluid says to refer to owners manual if "power outage" for manual override......nothing in the HL material about how to do this. I did find a PDF on forum that says a power drill can do this??? Anyone have "hands on" experience??

jbeletti

Lance,

Not sure on the BC, but on my LM, there is a mini-breaker that feeds power to the hydraulic system. On my unit, the breaker is near the batter and has a tiny manual reset switch on the bottom. Check around - perhaps you have one too. Hopefully other BC owners will weigh in soon and give you the real fix.

In terms of capturing something in the slide - we have all done that. My wife once pushed the entire vertical interior fascia off the slide when a sleeping bag fell off a chair or sofa and got pinched between the slide and the wall.

Jim

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s

There should be a switch mounted next to the pump try that. The slides can also be cranked in by hand.

lduguay

Lol....thanks for the "we've all done that"......the D(ear)W feels much better!!
The pump doesn't appear to have a reset button on or near the unit, just the fuse....gonna change it out even though it looks good. I did find an access hole in "basement" that gives me access to end of pump and the 1/4 hex manual override.....so at least we wont drive home as a "wide load" :D

I will be "digging" deeper to see if I can find a reset. Thx

jbeletti

Lance,

Maybe your dealer's service department is open to taking a phone call today. They may know what to look for and can give you some direction?? Worth a try :)

SilverRhino

On our BC the reset is under a small red cover that goes over the lug where the wire connects. If you look behind the battery you should see a line of about 6 or 8 of these red covers. The reset button is very small and is not really visible, but you can feel it.

I had the same thing happen and had to call the factory while on a trip....hard to find without directions! Good Luck!

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders

Good reminder to make sure when opening the slide that everything is clear of it. I made this mistake in my old SOB which was 10 yrs old. I looked outside when it wouldn't open or close. There was hydraulic oil on my driveway as one of the hoses had blown from a wear spot on it. Good luck in getting it going again.

lduguay

BINGO!!! THANKYOU HL FORUM!!!! It was a TINY little button to right of red caps on side in Bobs photo!! I would never have found it without yalls (that is you guys in southern) help!! All is now well with the world. Now I just gotta cancel the "wide load" transport pace car :rolleyes:

Thanks!!!!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

We won't even say anything about our pickle jar last year at the Eastern Regional Rally!

trdeal

We won't even say anything about our pickle jar last year at the Eastern Regional Rally!
Or our Gallon of milk that had fallen out of our fridge in SOB and got squashed between the slide and the wall.I was hooking up the water and stuff.Renee was putting out the slide and all of a sudden "POP" and this white stuff started running out from underneath the slide out.Took me a minute to figure out what had happened.

porthole

Retired

Raised panel doors a real nice. One of the advantages is that when you catch the door know instead of ripping apart the entire frame, you just rip the door apart.
Easily replaceable.

Someone told me that :confused: