FIXED: Slideout doesn't fully extend

Hello everyone

We are new owners of a 2007 Landmark Grand Canyon and we just discovered that the Driver's side living room/kitchen slide doesn't seem to extend out fully. The seals behind the inside molding don't fully compress and the work area between the wall counter & stove and sink seems a little narrow. It's pretty subtle so our RV tech guy didn't catch on inspection we didn't notice it until our maiden voyage.
Any wisdom on this would be appreciated. We do plan on taking it to a shop but if the is a fix I can do that's money that will stay in my pocket...until my wife cleans out my pockets...

beardedone

Beardedone
Re: Slideout doesn't fully extend

Keep this in the back of your mind as an option. My kitchen slide would not extend all the way and it turned out that the slide awning was wound up too tightly which stopped it from fully extending. There are mechanical adjustments that can be made to extend the slide and they have been discussed here before. Do a search and you may find it.

jimtoo

Hi Gerry and Rose,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Just to start things off on your slide problem... with it not fully extended..like 1/2 or so... with a flashlight go to one end and look under neath the slide inside on the floor. Maybe something came out of a drawer or off a table and is not allowing the slide to fully extend. This has happened before, so lets look for the easy fix first. Hope you find a salt shaker or the likes. :)

Let us know what you find or the fix.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi evergreen8888,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Looks like you joined a couple of months ago, so perhaps you've already learned that there's a lot of great information here along with friendly people who are willing to share what they have learned.

I'm sure other owners will offer their advice. You might also want to take a look at this Lippert Manual. I don't know that I would try to adjust my slides by myself, but you can compare what you see in your slide hardware to the pictures in the manual. If something's loose, you may be able to spot the problem and perhaps correct it.

Thanks everyone for all your input. Turned out to be a simple adjustment. I didn't attempt it myself had a shop do it, barely an hour and half for them.
The Landmark guy

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

evergreen8888, thanks for letting us know how things worked out. I noticed you're new here on the forum. There are many great things to learn here. Not to mention a great bunch of folks to help out. Consider joining our Heartland Owners Club.