"flutter" noise when we turn on the city water..

patrick1945

We spend the winter in Florida hooked up to city water. A couple weeks ago we started hearing a noise whenever we turn on a faucet. The noise sound like a "flutter" of some kind.

I am wondering if there is something going on with the water pump WHICH we do not/never have used. I am considering filling up the on-board water tank and turning the pump on to see what happens.

Any idea what is causing this "flutter"?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If you are hooked up to city water and using it you should not have your pump turned on. If it is then you could have that type of noise. Check to see if it got turned on accidently.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Plenty of good suggestions. Have someone run water while you go out and pinpoint for the source of the noise.

Peace
Dave

patrick1945

Last night I decided that first thing today I was going to tackle this problem. I got up, brushed my teeth,took my pills and showered. The noise continued!

I had breakfast and went outside to begin and now the noise is gone.

I hate it when that happens. But I subscribed to this thread because it will start up again soon.

thanks for the suggestions.

Tankie

I have the same problem, mine is at the city connection. I do use a reducer to control pressure, bought a new one. It still does it once and a while.????????

Jimmy

It is probably your check valve in the female valve where your hose enters the RV, your can unhook the hose and remove your rubber washer (probably has little screen on it). then you can push on the check valve in the center of the fitting. It probably has a small amount of hard water scale on the seal. try spraying inside the valve with some cooking oil (Pam) spray.