Food Committee for Rally 2007

Midastouch

Let me know what's needed ...

Instead of trying to catch up on what's been happening in this area...tell me what I can bring and I'll get it done. No problem cooking whatever I need to ...

We have a 6ft table and a 4ft. square one also.

Lynne

arisce

Thanks Lynne,
When will you be arriving? Will you be there for Wed night or Thurs night? Thanks for the tables.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
My wife & I just booked into our spot for Wed. night. We could supply a salad for the progressive on Wed. or if you need something else let us know. Do we/you need anything for the Thurs. ? Doug & Lynne

arisce

Dear Doug & Lynne,
Thanks for the info. Have put you down for a salad on Wed night Progressive supper and an appetizer for the Potluck Thurs BBQ. Hope this is OK with you guys and am looking forward to meeting you there.If you can let me know beforehand what appetizer you are planning to bring that would also help. Thanks.

arisce

Midastouch (AKA Lynne)
I will put you down for a salad on Thursda 's Potluck BBQ and a main dish for Wed Progressive Dinner, if that is alright with you. We have Princess K with a delicious gumbo for Wed night already. Let me know. Thanks.

jpmorgan37

Hi Karen and William;
We will be at both the Progressive dinner and the BBQ. We will bring Sue's Chicken Divine for the Progressive dinner and Apple Cake for the BBQ if that's okay. If you need something different, let us know.
John & Sue

arisce

Thank you John and Sue for your contributions. We are so glad you are going to be able to make it to the rally. You are not beside us like last year, but at least you will be there.Looking forward to it! Take care.

C

Chulinw

Jim you said you had a receipe of Pat's carrot cake. Now you are talking and wish you would post a copy or email it to me. I love carrot and apple pie. I guess I am like most individuals love to eat... Tks

jbeletti

Chulinw.

Click this search link. Then scroll down the results page to find a post from Wild Wind with the recipe.

Jim

arisce

Hello Kathleen,
Thanks for the reply. I have you already down for a Gumbo for the Progressive Dinner on Wed night. So if you would like to bring a dessert-Strawberry Angel-for Thursday's BBQ that would be great.Is it a cake or pie or squares? Numbers will be confirmed in May as right now not everyone has told me they are planning to be at the BBQ. I would imagine so but you never know! Thanks again.

arisce

Thanks! Have a great holiday and we look forward to meeting you in May at the 2nd Annual Heartland Rally.We will be in our "regular" site-411, along with our 2 cats, Tabitha and Ebony.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
arisce, we will be bringing a cheese ball and assorted crackers for the appetizer..../Doug

arisce

Thanks Doug,
This appetizer is for the Thursday night BBQ potluck supper as I have you down for a salad for the Wed night "Progressive" supper. Look forward to seeing you there.

happyrover

2007 Rally

ARISCE, We are going to try and be at the Rally Monday. We are willing to help with whatever needs to be done. Have a 4 foot table. Let us know what we can do.

arisce

Hello everyone,
I just thought I would update everyone on the latest news I have on the food for the upcoming rally. I see now that we are up to 51 rigs so I am hoping that people who are now certain they will be in Indiana will be able to tell me what food(s) they are bringing to contribute to the Wednes night Progressive supper and/or the Thurs night Potluck BBQ. All I would like to know for my record keeping is what kind of dish you are planning to bring, i.e. a salad, a dessert, an appetizer, etc after you look through the lists below. It is not necessary to make up your mind right now and tell me you are bringing an apple pie; "dessert" is just fine. This is what I have down in my files right now:
For the Wednesday(May 30) night Progressive dinner(where the early birds travel from trailer to trailer, eating 1 course at each site), I have:
1 appetizer
2 salads
3 main dishes
1 dessert

Thursday night Potluck BBQ(everyone brings own meat)
2 appetizers
1 salad
5 desserts

I have also 3 portable tables available for Wed night's supper and 6 available for Thurs BBQ. We would also need small portable BBQ's to cook on Thursday night, but I am assuming most of us carry 1 with us at all times. Please let me know if you have one we can use on Thursday night.

I will be leaving in April for 1 month and my colleague Janet Robbins has agreed to monitor this site. However because Janet is still working full-time, I would like to get as much done before I leave so that Janet is not left with too much work organizing the food. That is why I am asking that attendees try to let me know what they are planning to bring ASAP.

The Wednesday night Progressive Supper is for anyone who, like us, is coming in early. The Rally actually begins on Thursday so the Potluck BBQ is the official opening supper.
Friday's supper is the Amish meal at Yoders.
Saturday is Heartland's day when we tour the factory and they supply supper at the end of the tours.
Sunday's Farewell Breakfast is organized by the Food Committe and will be held in the Arts Room like last year.

So, if you are now certain that you are bringing your rig to Indiana, please let me know what you are able to contribute to our meals. Please also tell me if you are bringing food for the Wed night Progressive supper and/or the Thursday BBQ because I have some replies which state they are bringing a salad but not for which supper. Seeing we now have 51 rigs, I know we all want to have enough food!
Thanks for your help and we are looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones at the rally.

Last edited:

happyrover

Food items for rally

Wednesday evening I will bring a salad, and Thursday also a salad. If there is anything else you need, please let us know.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
We are planing on being there Tuesday I can do any thing you need for us to do. I have waited so long because Kenny got hurt and we were not sure we would make it but he is doing better now and it looks good for us to be there he broke his back and his hip and his shoulder. So any way just let us know and I will start planing for it.
Thanks Kathy

arisce

Happyrover,
Thanks for the quick reply. I have you down for a salad for both Wed and Thurs suppers. See you there as we will bw coming in early-probably Sun night.