Food Committee-Rally 2008

arisce

Hello everyone,
Just thought I would post the first message concerning the meals us attendees will be eating at Branson in 2008.Of course everything is not yet set for the rally but I thought I would post a few ideas and ask for feedback, so please feel free to respond.

The rally will start on Thursday and so I thought we could have a potluck supper again as most people seem to like the idea of having this type of meal where they can meet attendees from our other 2 rallies and greet the newcomers to our Heartland family. Again, I will be asking for volunteers to provide appetizers, main dishes, salads and desserts. So if you know you are coming, please choose a category and let me know what you plan to bring. (Although I realize it is really early in the planning.)

My other idea is to have a potluck Farewell breakfast on Sunday morning, with the food committee providing tea, coffee, etc. We have never done this, so I thought it might be interesting to see what people bring. If you don't want to provide a baked good, you can always fry up bacon, sausages, sausage patties, scrambled eggs, an egg dish, juices, etc. So, let me know what you, the attendees, want and think.

Right now, we are unsure of what Heartland may do for us on Saturday, so that day is being left open. Jim and I have talked about a dinner/show for Friday night as we will not be eating at Yoders as in other years.

Any early birds coming in that week can choose to do something together.

So that is it for now. If you would like to help Janet, Lana and myself on the Food Committee, any help is welcomed and appreciated. We will probably need tables for the potluck supper, like last year, so if you have one, please bring it and let me know.
Thanks and we hope to see all our Heartland family in Branson in 2008.

arisce

Hello fellow Heartland owners,
Just to let you all know that Bill and I will be away from the forum as we are leaving Jan 27 for 2 months in Florida, returning April 12. Then we will have to start to organize the meals for Branson. We are still not sure if we will be able to attend but should know upon our return.
We are in Port Richey-Sundance Lakes RV Resort, #288 for the month of Feb and then move to Bradenton-Arbor Terrace RV Resort for the month of March. Then we are visiting friends in the Encore RV Park in Ormond Beach (Daytona) for several days before heading back to hopefully, a snowless city. If anyone is in the area, please feel free to visit us. It would be great to see other Heartland owners.
Of course we are hoping our new tires roll fine and that we do not experience another (third) blowout on the BH. Wish us luck!
Safe travels everyone and we look forward to talking with everyone when we return.

arisce

Hello everyone,
We have been back from Florida a while and have managed to get all the mail, bills, gardens, etc back to normal. However we have decided not to go to Branson this year for the rally. Hopefully we will be back in Elkhart for 2009. I have spoken to Jim and he assures me that the food planning has been done in my absence and that things are on track for a potluck supper for the first evening, as has been done in the past. (We will miss those thrown rolls that some people were heading out to!) We look forward to hearing about the rally and hope to see some pictures also.

On our travels to Florida we did see many Heartland products on the road. So we are gaining in popularity! It is great to meet other owners and I did distribute many of the Heartland cards that we received at the last rally.

We will keep in touch now that we are home and look forward to hearing from our friends in the Heartland family.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Bill and Karen,
Sorry to hear you are not coming to Branson. I was hoping to see you both again. Linda,Amanda and Justin will be coming this year. We are all really excited. We will be staying for a week to take it all in.

I guess I will have to dance with Linda.

Take care and safe travels,

Mark

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
I will bring anything that you want me to,,, just let me know where you are short ie appetizers, salads etc and I can come up with something,,, Lizzy