For those who have adjusted slide outs...Info needed...

dougw

I think I want to adjust or try to adjust my slideout myself. The top leans in. 3 question arise. There are 2 verticle bolts that look like they adjust the tilt. Is that true? (the adjusting part) Do I need to loosen anything prior to adjusting those bolts? It looks like the 8 if loosen will allow the slide to drop down which won't be good. So I'm thinking leave those tight.

Next, what to adjust to bring the slideout in or closer to to trailer? The limit stop.

So in the end, a couple turns of the tilt bolds and bring the slide closer?

Thanks
doug

dougw

After re reading the instructions, I'm not seeing how to actually adjust the tilt of the slide, just the hieght and in.

Thoughts on tilt?

Doug

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Doug, attached is the Lippert Slide out manual in a PDF

Attachments

• 5th Wheel Hydraulic Slideout Landing Gear-Web.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 88

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Doug, for the tilt up or down. Yes, you loosen the bolts on the square feet....then you tighten or loosen the verical bolts with lock nuts on them to move the slide up or down. What I found on might was, I had run the slides in and out so they would move the way I wanted them to. It's not hard to do.....just takes some time.

donr827

On my previous trailer the large living room slide was not flush on both ends of the slide. Off about approximately 1/2 inch. My mechanic ask me if it was leaking. I said no. He said leave it alone unless it was a big problem. He said if he adjusted it might cause a small leak when I had none now.
Don

dougw

Thanks all

After looking at it, it just seemed that adjusting the verticle bolts would just moved the slide up / down, unless the room is pivoting off the inside edge which the more I think of it isn't such a long shot.

Thanks, ill try that.

Doug

navyAZ1

I think I want to adjust or try to adjust my slideout myself. The top leans in. 3 question arise. There are 2 verticle bolts that look like they adjust the tilt. Is that true? (the adjusting part) Do I need to loosen anything prior to adjusting those bolts? It looks like the 8 if loosen will allow the slide to drop down which won't be good. So I'm thinking leave those tight.

Next, what to adjust to bring the slideout in or closer to to trailer? The limit stop.

So in the end, a couple turns of the tilt bolds and bring the slide closer?

Thanks
doug

Go to Lipperts web site and you can get a PDF with complete instructions on how to adjust the slideouts.