Ford 6.7...thoughts and experiences

mesteve

I was so ready to pull the trigger on a DRW, but I just cant bring myself to do it until this fuel pump mess settles down. I am not willing to take a $10K+ gamble on a $50K+ truck, even if i think my insurance will cover it (then premiums go up).

I WANT ONE SO BAD!!!!

ricatic

I've actually spoken with Titan. The only concern right now is Ford. If you ask Titan, "Has Ford ever denied a warranty claim because of a Titan tank?" Once they stop humming the answer will be "Yes". Not often, but it has happened. Trying to weigh that against need or convienance of a larger tank right now. What really baffled me was finding out that Ford actually will put a larger tank on the Gas F250 than the Diesel in the same exact truck. I know this to be true because I owed both. Go figure.

With that said, I love the F250 Diesel. It is everything I wanted and more. Like Dave, just have to figure out all the bells and whistles on this darn thing.

I was one of the earliest adopters of the 50 gallon Titan tank...and one of the earliest recipients of the Ford "Shameful Event"...even with all the nonsense that Ford used to deny my warranty claim on the HPFP, the Titan tank was never mentioned...it's presence was known and acknowledged but ignored beyond that point...

Great tank...I hope Titan has a big tank for my new truck...

Regards

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Yea!!!!! Took my truck to Discount Hitches in Houston yesterday and they put in the spray in bedliner and fixed the improper installation of the hitch and installed the hitch correctly. I am happy now except for the fact that I am out the $175.00 that Precision Tint II of Huntsville charged me to install the hitch (which they did wrong). Guess you live and learn. I do highly recommend Discount Hitches of Houston on I45 just south of the Beltway. BTW they (Discount Hitch) only charged me $325 for the spray in liner. Now we are ready to hit the road again.

pegmikef

Titan makes a nice - looks factory tank. If you start with a near empty tank you can install it in under two hours.
65 gallons for the long bed.

Transferflo also makes a nice underbed fifty gallon tank that fits short bed crew cab F250. It is metal and just a little heavier. Price wise it was about the same as Titan's.

jmgratz

Here is a photo of our new 6.7 BTW the first photo is the 2010 truck. So you can see how similar looking they are. But they are mechanically way different.

Attachments

• new truck and rv.JPG
    new truck and rv.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 61
  • new interior.JPG
    new interior.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 58
  • new truck.jpg
    new truck.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I got what I consider great fuel mileage yesterday on a 40 mile round trip to my son's house (mostly flat, but a few twists and small hills).

mileage.jpg

jmgratz

Actually I was trying to show how much the same the 2010 truck is with the 2012, just forgot to say it.

porthole

Retired
Your non-truck enthusiast neighbors probably will never notice.
Although the local kids may pick up on the chrome mirror caps.

PUG

Pug
I believe there are Lemons in all makes. I had a Chev Duro and it and my sons both had injector problems. Currently in Cannonville, Utah and next door neighbor just dropped 5k into new injectors in his Chev. My current Ram 3500 Cummins has been bulletproof, pulls like a team of oxen, and doesn't take has much fuel as my old Chev. I wouldn't trade it for a Chev or Ford.

pegmikef

I asked my service rep today how many of those fuel pump failures they have had at the dealership here in San Angelo (does a pretty good volume of diesel business here and in the surrounding area with fleet, oil, farming and ranching interests). He said one and that was due to someone dumping a whole jug (2 1/2 gallons) of DEF in the fuel tank. He said he advises all of his patrons to faithfully use the additive and most of them do.

lwmcguir

I asked my service rep today how many of those fuel pump failures they have had at the dealership here in San Angelo (does a pretty good volume of diesel business here and in the surrounding area with fleet, oil, farming and ranching interests). He said one and that was due to someone dumping a whole jug (2 1/2 gallons) of DEF in the fuel tank. He said he advises all of his patrons to faithfully use the additive and most of them do.
Just had the sensor replaced per the recent recall. took about 1/2 hour. Ask the same question again at my Dealer. None to date.